oneBoro Forum

World Cup, Brazil 2014

for me Ronaldo @ 14/1 for top scorer is a craking bet . gonna put a daft couple of quid on Dzeko as well 100/1 .

as for winners , i cant seee past Brazil so will look at optional bets like portugal or bosnia to reach semis .

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Spain at 7/1 is crazy though. Is it as a result of Barcas semi-fall? Cause to me, they've won the last two major tournaments with relative ease, and have even more newly accomplished players than the last tournament - Azpilicueta & Alba (was in the last tournament but has matured a lot since then) are much better full backs, Diego Costa is a much better striker than anything they had the last two tournaments and their midfield speaks for itself.

They'll be there or there abouts.

I can see Spain doing very well again but Argentina have all the talent at their disposal and I think that IF they 'click' at the right time we could be in for something very special. But I suppose that could be said about a couple of teams, I just have a feeling that they will turn up this time and Messi will realise this is his last real chance at a World Cup and be at his very best. I honestly can not wait for this World Cup!

Messi has at least another world cup in him, he'll be 30 at the next one. A lot can happen in 4 years though, injuries, form etc, so you could be right, this is his best opportunity to really make his mark in international footy to emulate Diego.

Can't wait either, so tough to predict this time around!

Fred & Lukaku E/W (top 4 scorers) at 22/1 and Higuain at 20/1. Just because the teams they play for should all be winning their groups easily and thus, score lots of goals :D

can get him at 66/1. Don't see them getting pas tthe first knockout round though, and the top goalscorer usually comes form a team that can get to the semis, quarters at least

I like Fred at 33/1 as well...

Tell that to Oleg Salenko :)

I think Spain at 7/1 is crazy though. Is it as a result of Barcas semi-fall? Cause to me, they've won the last two major tournaments with relative ease, and have even more newly accomplished players than the last tournament - Azpilicueta & Alba (was in the last tournament but has matured a lot since then) are much better full backs, Diego Costa is a much better striker than anything they had the last two tournaments and their midfield speaks for itself.

They'll be there or there abouts.

I think they've got longer odds because they were mauled in the confederations cup by Brazil

Germany have an awful route to the final in terms of teams they have to meet and time of day they have play. They'll be shattered come the knockout stage as they have to play their games between 1pm and 5pm.

Argentina on the other hand have been looked after and should stroll in to the knockouts. I'd take Messi as top scorer and Argentina to win. Messi is fresh due to the injury he picked up and he'll realise his time in the sun isn't far from being up.

I wonder how many of the players who eventually get left out of the England squad would get regular starts for some of the other home nation teams.

Sky News Newsdesk ‏@SkyNewsBreak 5 mins

Chelsea defender Ashley Cole has been left out of England's World Cup squad

Looks like shaw will be in the team then, not sure how i feel about that, it will be great experience for the lad but in the bigger games I think coles experience would have been invaluable considering the back 4 arnt the most experienced at this level