oneBoro Forum

Brighton have to be favourites for the 6th spot. Level with 6th on points and with an even easier last 4 run in than ours. They'd have to screw up big time to drop out.

For us to stay in there, any result other than a win in every game would be inadequate and even then we're asking a lot of hefty favours from other teams. Who knows, this is the championship, and last year's closing weekend was absolute chaos!

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Hoyte shouldn't have too much reception either way.

McDonald and Bailey could come in for criticism due to the toxic dressing room after the January transfer window where Mowbray tried desperately to offload them and Thomson which coincided with us going from automatic promotion candidates in January to finishing the season just 5 points above the relegation zone in May.

And what was the excuse for how bad we were after they'd left? Our season didn't implode because of those two people. I wouldn't give any of them a fantastic reception because none of them deserve it, including Hoyte who has been a bigger waste of money than either of the other two but at the same time I don't think any of them deserve a bad reception.

Millwall will be right up for this but we've been on a decent run to hopefully that will continue. I can't say I'm overly bothered about this one but maybe it will help build towards a better season to come.

At the start of this season we were nowhere near as bad as we were in the last half of last season where we were in free fall.

Didn't Vectorboro say that Mowbray couldn't deal with conflict(coming from Bailey's camp) and that Bailey and Bikey had a full blown fight around that time. Also McDonald was unhappy with Mowbray for being rude and not holding a door open for him(bless him). And other stories that gave the impression of discontent behind the scenes of players being divided and out of control.

At the start of this season we were nowhere near as bad as we were in the last half of last season where we were in free fall.

Didn't Vectorboro say that Mowbray couldn't deal with conflict(coming from Bailey's camp) and that Bailey and Bikey had a full blown fight around that time. Also McDonald was unhappy with Mowbray for being rude and not holding a door open for him(bless him). And other stories that gave the impression of discontent behind the scenes of players being divided and out of control.

I never said we were as bad at the start of this season as we were at the end of the last one. It would be difficult to be that bad seeing as how it was just about the worst run in the club's history. But we clearly weren't back up to promotion challenging either were we? In fact we were 16th/17th in the league and 4 or 5 points above the relegation zone having won just 2 games all season, including the embarrassing home defeat against Accrington Stanley.

No I don't believe Vectorboro did say that, I certainly can't remember it if he did. From memory he seemed to place the blame for whatever was going on squarely at Mowbray's door. It's not something I necessarily bought into as information coming 2nd/3rd/4th hand may not be reliable but I also don't accept that we imploded because of those two people either and the facts are that Mowbray is no longer our manager and we have markedly improved, something that did not happen immeidately after those two left.

I never said we were as bad at the start of this season as we were at the end of the last one. It would be difficult to be that bad seeing as how it was just about the worst run in the club's history. But we clearly weren't back up to promotion challenging either were we? In fact we were 16th/17th in the league and 4 or 5 points above the relegation zone having won just 2 games all season, including the embarrassing home defeat against Accrington Stanley.

No I don't believe Vectorboro did say that, I certainly can't remember it if he did. From memory he seemed to place the blame for whatever was going on squarely at Mowbray's door. It's not something I necessarily bought into as information coming 2nd/3rd/4th hand may not be reliable but I also don't accept that we imploded because of those two people either and the facts are that Mowbray is no longer our manager and we have markedly improved, something that did not happen immeidately after those two left.

We can't blame 2-3 players for our down fall last year because if the rumours are correct about them disrupting the dressing room why where they still in the match day squad each week.

I was just repeating(to the best of my knowledge) what Vectorboro said that there was discontent behind the scenes with loads of split groups in particular between Mowbray and McDonald/Bailey where there was an active dislike. I'm not saying just 2-3 players were to blame for it all, I just said that they could come in for criticism or the toxic dressing room as if rumours are to be believed(which a lot of people have to go on so will form their own conclusion) then they had a large part to play.

I wont go back into it all with all my views on it, all I was wanting to point out was that a section of fans will assign a proportion of blame on McDonald and Bailey(McDonald in particular) the dressing room discontent. Mowbray right until the end got a lot of support from the home fans so the majority there on Saturday will see things through them "rose tinted" glasses that were regularly spoken :p So they will most likely agree with Mowbray's point of view, rightly or wrongly, and will assign a portion of blame on McDonald and Bailey.

Mowbray did remove McDonald from our squad at the start of the 2012-13 season and only brought him back when we had an injury crisis with our strikers.

I think the only one out of Hoyte, Bailey and McDonald that actually gets in their squads is Bailey. I was a fan of Bailey's whilst he was here, I think he gave his all every time for us on the pitch so I'll be giving him a clap if he plays.

Comfortable win here for me. We're on a run and will be full of confidence. Big Ken back in at the back too.

Hoyte shouldn't have too much reception either way.

McDonald and Bailey could come in for criticism due to the toxic dressing room after the January transfer window where Mowbray tried desperately to offload them and Thomson which coincided with us going from automatic promotion candidates in January to finishing the season just 5 points above the relegation zone in May.

And what was the excuse for how bad we were after they'd left? Our season didn't implode because of those two people. I wouldn't give any of them a fantastic reception because none of them deserve it, including Hoyte who has been a bigger waste of money than either of the other two but at the same time I don't think any of them deserve a bad reception.

Millwall will be right up for this but we've been on a decent run to hopefully that will continue. I can't say I'm overly bothered about this one but maybe it will help build towards a better season to come.

IMO Mcdonald and Hoyte were both equally a massive waste of money. Hoyte took a pay-cut and mcdonald cost a lot more to purchase. If anyone was the biggest waste it was skippy.

None of them deserve a bad reception cause they gave it their all when at Boro.

What about the way that Bailey allowed his family to conduct themselves on twitter and social media, publically ridiculing the manager and airing our bad laundry in such a public way?

What about the things McDonald said about the fans upon leaving the Boro?

Hoyte - different IMO - he showed some class by taking a wage cut, he doesn't deserve a bad reception.

Hoyte resigned for the club on reduced wages. His personal problems hugely affected his form. He had an excellent season 2012-2013; he'd get a good reception from me.

Bailey/McDonald is a different story. They upset the dressing room and picked up big wages for mediocre performances, particularly Bailey. They won't receive a warm reception.

What about the way that Bailey allowed his family to conduct themselves on twitter and social media, publically ridiculing the manager and airing our bad laundry in such a public way?

Hoyte - different IMO - he showed some class by taking a wage cut, he doesn't deserve a bad reception.

Allowed his family? is it the 1930's??

If your problem is with his wife, then boo her!!

What Mcdonald said, I can understand him getting a bad reception. But everything he said is true, we have a half empty stadium and the atmosphere is garbage!!

Allowed his family? is it the 1930's??

If your problem is with his wife, then boo her!!

What Mcdonald said, I can understand him getting a bad reception. But everything he said is true, we have a half empty stadium and the atmosphere is garbage!!

No it's not the 1930's. But there is no era tolerated when someone is being a uber knob. If it was my missus, brother, father best mate or another other family member, I would have asked them to reign it in. Think you've massively tried to twist the point boksicdink was trying to make there.

Me I won't boo anyone. Football is a fickle beast lets just move on and get 3 points

2013-2014 season appearances for Millwall:

Scott McDonald: 28 (3 goals)

Justin Hoyte: 5 (0 goals)

Nicky Bailey: 21 (1 goal)

Last five Millwall games:

Scott McDonald: 2 + 1 substitute appearance (0 goals)

Justin Hoyte: 0 (0 goals)

Nicky Bailey: 3 (0 goals)

And, most importantly a taxi driver sporting a Millwall air freshener from the rear view mirror told me he didn't think much of any of the ex-Boro lot.