oneBoro Forum

What about the way that Bailey allowed his family to conduct themselves on twitter and social media, publically ridiculing the manager and airing our bad laundry in such a public way?

What about the things McDonald said about the fans upon leaving the Boro?

Hoyte - different IMO - he showed some class by taking a wage cut, he doesn't deserve a bad reception.

Allowed his family? is it the 1930's??

If your problem is with his wife, then boo her!!

What Mcdonald said, I can understand him getting a bad reception. But everything he said is true, we have a half empty stadium and the atmosphere is garbage!!

It's not really about whether it's his wife or whoever, it just isn't very professional. If I was Bailey and any family member or even a known close friend was putting those sorts of things onto twitter, I would tell them not to do it because it doesn't help anything or anyone, even more so when you are a professional athlete and you have people that hang onto your words even more.

This isn't about having old fashioned views or equality, but just carrying yourself with a bit of class and not having cheap pops at Mowbray calling him names on Twitter.

Also, those stats prove that people were wrong to castigate Mowbray on their sales. Although, you could argue that McDonald's replacements haven't been much better!

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

When Lomas was sacked by Millwall there were strong rumours of discontent a*** the players, coincidence?. Holloway also frozen McDonald out of the first team earlier in the season so there has to be some sort of issue that managers clearly dislike about him. He even tried to loan him out to Blackpool in January.

Yes I'd forgotten about him taking a cheeky swipe at our fans by saying it's been a long time since he has played in front of passionate fans.

It was very unprofessional of "the Bailey's" to ridicule and show such a lack of respect to our then manager, who is a club legend that played for free during administration, and calling him "Mugga". A footballer should respect the club they're playing for(especially the manager) and the history of what individuals have done for the club which they publicly failed to do so, if "the Bailey's" were that vocal on social media I dread to imagine the disruptive influence that Bailey and his clan would have been like in the dressing room. They're("the Baileys" and McDonald) horrible people that I'm glad are no long associated with our club.

Hoyte is/was when he was with us a very good option at right back.

One point of note regarding the Bailey's. Would anyone be happy if their own wife was publically criticising your own boss? I certainly wouldn't.

What about the way that Bailey allowed his family to conduct themselves on twitter and social media, publically ridiculing the manager and airing our bad laundry in such a public way?

Hoyte - different IMO - he showed some class by taking a wage cut, he doesn't deserve a bad reception.

What Mcdonald said, I can understand him getting a bad reception. But everything he said is true, we have a half empty stadium and the atmosphere is garbage!!

It's not really about whether it's his wife or whoever, it just isn't very professional. If I was Bailey and any family member or even a known close friend was putting those sorts of things onto twitter, I would tell them not to do it because it doesn't help anything or anyone, even more so when you are a professional athlete and you have people that hang onto your words even more.

This isn't about having old fashioned views or equality, but just carrying yourself with a bit of class and not having cheap pops at Mowbray calling him names on Twitter.

Also, those stats prove that people were wrong to castigate Mowbray on their sales. Although, you could argue that McDonald's replacements haven't been much better!

Fair enough (and you put it a lot better and a more reasonable argument than Uwe), I just don't agree with booing an ex player because of something his wife did/said.

No it's not the 1930's. But there is no era tolerated when someone is being a uber knob. If it was my missus, brother, father best mate or another other family member, I would have asked them to reign it in. Think you've massively tried to twist the point boksicdink was trying to make there.

Me I won't boo anyone. Football is a fickle beast lets just move on and get 3 points

How do you know he didn't ask her to "regin it in"?

I don't see how I "massivly" twisted anything. His point was.....I said he shouldn't get booed due to his effort at Boro, Boksic said "what about the way his wife behaved". So how have I twisted his point!! I still dont agree with him re.booing someone cause of their wife!!

Fair enough (and you put it a lot better and a more reasonable argument than Uwe), I just don't agree with booing an ex player because of something his wife did/said.

No it's not the 1930's. But there is no era tolerated when someone is being a uber knob. If it was my missus, brother, father best mate or another other family member, I would have asked them to reign it in. Think you've massively tried to twist the point boksicdink was trying to make there.

Me I won't boo anyone. Football is a fickle beast lets just move on and get 3 points

I don't see how I "massivly" twisted anything. His point was.....I said he shouldn't get booed due to his effort at Boro, Boksic said "what about the way his wife behaved". So how have I twisted his point!! I still dont agree with him re.booing someone cause of their wife!!

Didn't vectorboro say that the mrs bailey accout on twitter that poeple where getting upset at was a fake accout

It wasn't a fake account. I sat behind Mrs Bailey away to Barnsley at the start of the 2012-13 season and it was definitely her in the pictures. "Granny Bailey" even messaged that "Bitch Bailey(the actual twitter name)" account .

You tried to make out it was a dated chauvinistic opinion. And reign it in is just another figure of speak. I may view things differently because I can (and have seen people) be severely reprimanded which will effect my/their career for what I or my wife puts on social media. Freedom of speech or opinion doesn't allow people to attack others

There is an account for Tony Soprano, it is defo him in the picture too, is that one not fake? :)

I followed her on twitter and refuse to accept that it was a fake. she was always conversing with "granny Bailey" as p-mards said, hoytes girlfriend, andy halliday (who lived with them), and many others.

It did dissappear though for a while and she turend up again (I think with a different username).

You tried to make out it was a dated chauvinistic opinion. And reign it in is just another figure of speak. I may view things differently because I can (and have seen people) be severely reprimanded which will effect my/their career for what I or my wife puts on social media. Freedom of speech or opinion doesn't allow people to attack others

hence why Bailey should not be "attacked" for his wifes speech!!

when Posh Spice said something about Fergie, man u fans just liked her less, they didn't boo David Beckham becuase of it.

None of them did anything too out of order in my opinion. It's not that bigger deal that a missus criticised the club, or a player or two disagreed with the manager, or even that most of them were inconsistent at best. At the end of the day they tried their best with the club, but for one reason or another in the end it didn't quite work out for them. I think they all put enough effort in to not warrant any boos.

In fact, I hate it when former players are booed without a damn good reason. It just reflects badly on the club in question.

Good post 2p2 and I agree,we move on and let's not let them have the last laugh!

Hope to see a professional and high tempo game because I think that suits us now to a larger degree.

When Lomas was sacked by Millwall there were strong rumours of discontent a*** the players, coincidence?. Holloway also frozen McDonald out of the first team earlier in the season so there has to be some sort of issue that managers clearly dislike about him. He even tried to loan him out to Blackpool in January.

Yes I'd forgotten about him taking a cheeky swipe at our fans by saying it's been a long time since he has played in front of passionate fans.

It was very unprofessional of "the Bailey's" to ridicule and show such a lack of respect to our then manager, who is a club legend that played for free during administration, and calling him "Mugga". A footballer should respect the club they're playing for(especially the manager) and the history of what individuals have done for the club which they publicly failed to do so, if "the Bailey's" were that vocal on social media I dread to imagine the disruptive influence that Bailey and his clan would have been like in the dressing room. They're("the Baileys" and McDonald) horrible people that I'm glad are no long associated with our club.

totally agree:cool:

None of them did anything too out of order in my opinion. It's not that bigger deal that a missus criticised the club, or a player or two disagreed with the manager, or even that most of them were inconsistent at best. At the end of the day they tried their best with the club, but for one reason or another in the end it didn't quite work out for them. I think they all put enough effort in to not warrant any boos.

In fact, I hate it when former players are booed without a damn good reason. It just reflects badly on the club in question.

Very good post

I didn't like it when McEachran got some boos when he returned with Wigan as when he was here he tried his hardest and didn't disrespect the club during or after he left so people had no real reason to boo him.

If any player disrespects a club the way McDonald and "the Bailey's" did then they shouldn't be remembered fondly.