oneBoro Forum

Things aren't that simple in football to compare from one season to the next. All I know is that something drastically changed behind the scenes from around New Year 2013 where we went from being in contention for the automatic promotion spot to relegation candidates by the May. And all things are pointing towards a toxic dressing room being the cause of that with McDonald and Bailey looking highly likely to be responsible for a proportion of the blame.

Bailey had no right to a new contract. It's the managers decision whether Bailey was or wasn't in his plans, Mowbray decided he wasn't and "the Bailey's" threw their toys out of their pram like little kids not getting their own way.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Things aren't that simple in football to compare from one season to the next. All I know is that something drastically changed behind the scenes from around New Year 2013 where we went from being in contention for the automatic promotion spot to relegation candidates by the May. And all things are pointing towards a toxic dressing room being the cause of that with McDonald and Bailey looking highly likely to be responsible for a proportion of the blame.

Bailey had no right to a new contract. It's the managers decision whether Bailey was or wasn't in his plans, Mowbray decided he wasn't and "the Bailey's" threw their toys out of their pram like little kids not getting their own way.

Sorry, I know I said I wouldn't reply but this really will be the final one.

I love the idea that on the 1st of January, everyone started being unhappy all of a sudden because of Nicky Bailey and Scott McDonald but before that point everything was fine. And you don't see anything odd with that at all?

As far as I can tell, the issue with Bailey wasn't with the contract not being renewed as much as this combined with him being frozen out of the side. Nobody has a right to a new contract and I agree. Furthermore I wouldn't have offered him a new one or McDonald for that matter. But people have the right to be selected on a fair basis. I don't think we saw that last season and not just with Bailey. There were a number of issues, young lads coming in and doing well but being left out straight away, Emnes being given chance after chance with no real reason given how he was playing and a player like Rhys Williams being absolutely awful when he came back but still getting into the side. Players being in the team one week and then being dropped completely. I remember Mowbray praising Bikey after one game (might have been Peterborough at home midweek) and then dropping him for the game on the weekend. The issues at the club centred around Mowbray, which is why in the end we only improved after he left the club and barely improved at all when the supposed trouble causers left in the summer.

Right that's me done now I promise.

I said around New Year was when performances and results completely nosedived to the point where we had the worst record in the football league for that few month spell, as I said at the late end of last season our form was more than tactics/bad team selection. I'm sure it was around the New Year time that Vectorboro said that the fight between Bailey and Bikey happened. I didn't say it would have been all down to McDonald and Bailey, I said "And all things are pointing towards a toxic dressing room being the cause of that with McDonald and Bailey looking highly likely to be responsible for a proportion of the blame". Proportion and not all.

Yes there were a few cases like Rhys Williams and Emnes getting too much faith through shocking performances late last season.

Ct has said the majority of what I feel on this topic, but if anyone goes to this game with the intention of booing any of our former players I really do pity you. It would take an extremely bitter person considering all three put in as much effort as could be asked for on the pitch.

Well said AdamP agree with you! I had no idea so much passion(if you can call it that) would be openly debated on the match post but at least it keeps the post count high........seems interest from members is increasing.

So come on admit it who will be keeping their fingers crossed on Saturday and keeping more than a watchful eye on results elsewhere.

Actually in my opening post I gave my opinion as to my preferred results does anyone concur or have slight changes to what I mentioned?

Yes I realise that this is an attempt to get back to the business end of the thread!

Exactly how was Bailey being mistreated? He was left out the team. That's part of his job. You work hard, knuckle down and focus on getting back in the team.

I'd be embarrassed if my partner criticised my boss publically like she did Mowbray.

Well said AdamP agree with you! I had no idea so much passion(if you can call it that) would be openly debated on the match post but at least it keeps the post count high........seems interest from members is increasing.

So come on admit it who will be keeping their fingers crossed on Saturday and keeping more than a watchful eye on results elsewhere.

Actually in my opening post I gave my opinion as to my preferred results does anyone concur or have slight changes to what I mentioned?

Yes I realise that this is an attempt to get back to the business end of the thread!

Im allowing myself to be ever so slightly optimistic. Hope is a dangerous thing but wheres the fun of being a football fan if you dont experience the highs AND lows!

If the gap is cut down to 4 points by the end of Saturday my hopes will be officially up - though still tainted with disgusting realism.

If the gap is still 6 then we have literally no chance whatsoever.

The season's dead and has been for a while in my opinion. We'll probably pick up a win on Saturday but at least three of the six ahead of us will also win.

You have to be professional so whilst there is still a chance you have to put out your strongest team until it's mathematically impossible, so I wouldn't start experimenting just yet.

The season's dead and has been for a while in my opinion. We'll probably pick up a win on Saturday but at least three of the six ahead of us will also win.

You have to be professional so whilst there is still a chance you have to put out your strongest team until it's mathematically impossible, so I wouldn't start experimenting just yet.

Yep, we will prob win, but can't see Brighton and/or reading not getting 2 wins out of the last four. But we should keep with the team so we finish strong. And you never know, one of the teams above may be docked points for something #clutchingatstraws!!