oneBoro Forum

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Feeling confident about this one. Not only are Boro on their best run of form for some time, but Millwall have rarely got anything on their visits to Teesside. That said, while we are unbeaten in 5 with 4 wins on the bounce, the visitors are unbeaten in their last 4 games, so we shouldn't get too cocky.

Another positive is that while we may be worried about the state of our defence for the match, Millwall have the worst defensive record in the league, with a GD of -30! So even if we concede, we should score more.

BorovsMillwallStats_zps4fe06bab.png

I think Boro will be on the offensive for most of the match, taking a lot of pressure off our defence. We may have the odd slip-up and let one in though.

My Prediction: Middlesbrough 3 - 1 Millwall

Cheers for that Brunners.

Can't see Brighton failing to beat Blackpool and Yeovil at Home.

Brighton seemed to have righted themselves just in time and have a good chance at sealing 6th now.

But you never know, before these last two wins, they were on a bit of a wobble so who knows.

Off the back of that gritty, resilient, hard fought win at Burnley, I'd expect us to beat Millwall and beat them comfortably. They may still have survival to play for, and no doubt will put in a spirited performance, but they aren't a great side as we saw when we secured the 3 points at the den so which so drastically altered the course of our season away from a relegation scrap. They've been in decent form recently, but we've been in better form and played and beaten 2 of the strongest teams in this division. If we are ruthless and play like we can then there's no reason why we won't walk away with all 3 points. Millwall are usually pretty poor away but a challenge at home, however all of their last 3 victories have been on the road so we can't afford to underestimate them and with a trio of Hoyte, Bailey and McDonald there's always a chance for the ex-player curse to crop up.

Anyhow I'd like to see the following side:

--------------Dimitrios Stopsalotofshots--------------

Varga----------Woody-------Omeruo------Friend/Ledesma

--------Leadbitter--------------Chalobah-------------

Adomah------------Butterfield-----------------Tomlin-

--------------------Graham--------------------------

With Ayala's red card, Omeruo will have to be shepherded straight back into the team, or Chalobah has to slot in at CB and I'd prefer to have Omeruo at CB and Chalobah in CM. Whitehead I'd drop, as whilst I admire his grit and determination, he loses the ball a lot, seems to hold a grudge against forward passes and will end up murdering someone with one of his reckless challenges! Chalobah is more mobile, has more of an aerial presence and definitely helps us to stay further up the pitch as he passes forwards and pressurises defenders higher up the pitch.

Varga should come back in and we should stick to the 4-2-3-1 as we looked very exposed on the wings with the formation we played the other day!! If Friend isn't fit enough to slot in at LB, then Ledesma should play there. With us playing a 4-2-3-1, even if Ledesma played left back, theoretically Tomlin at LM should help by tracking back and so he shouldn't be left exposed.

Tomlin and Butterfield should retain their places, they both seem to have hit a bit of form. Adomah should slot in at RM as per and Danny Graham up front. I'd prefer Kei up front, but he's looking surplus to requirements :( Definitely need to bring in 2 strikers over summer if he goes.

I'm guessing a 3-0 boro win with Tomlin, Danny Graham and Adomah to score. Here's to our fine run of form lasting for many more games yet!

Can you really see all six of those teams failing to win two games?

We can still finish 6th on goal difference even if teams above us finish on 70 points :D

Can you really see all six of those teams failing to win two games?

We only need 4 of them to lose 2 :p Blackburn and Forest are within 3 points of us!

Is kamara injured? seems strange that he hasnt even been on the bench for the last 2 games and we havnt heard the reason for it

Anthony Vickers on Twitter replied to someone earlier on saying he was injured. But if he was injured shouldn't he be undergoing rehabilitation at Rockliffe? Seems odd that he went on holiday with the season reaching it's climax.

Is kamara injured? seems strange that he hasnt even been on the bench for the last 2 games and we havnt heard the reason for it

Anthony Vickers on Twitter replied to someone earlier on saying he was injured. But if he was injured shouldn't he be undergoing rehabilitation at Rockliffe? Seems odd that he went on holiday with the season reaching it's climax.

In fairness, Vickers says it's a knee injury, and the guy who asked said Kei is in Switzerland.

Maybe he's enjoying some time out there while also visiting a Dr or something?

We don't truly know entirely why he's out there.

Millwall do seem to be doing better away than at home, but we really should be winning games like this if we are to deserve any chance whatsoever of having our play off hopes dashed on the last day of the season...

We're the only team in the championship on a four game winning streak atm! Got to say something.

As for the old boys getting a good reception, not a chance. They weren't exactly part of a golden era at the riverside... wonder if they're glad they moved now, cant see millwall winning anything apart from league 1 in the next few years.

Hoyte shouldn't have too much reception either way.

McDonald and Bailey could come in for criticism due to the toxic dressing room after the January transfer window where Mowbray tried desperately to offload them and Thomson which coincided with us going from automatic promotion candidates in January to finishing the season just 5 points above the relegation zone in May.

Friday..

Blackburn 3-1 Yeovil

Bournemouth 1-1 Sheffield Wednesday

Huddersfield 2-1 Brighton

Wigan 2-0 Reading

Saturday..

Middlesbrough 2-0 Millwall

Nottingham Forest 2-0 Birmingham

Watford 2-1 Ipswich

Saturday Table..

6th - Brighton - 64 points (+11 GD)

--------------------------------------------

7th - Ipswich - 64 points (+7 GD)

8th - Reading - 63 points ( +11 GD)

9th - Blackburn - 63 points (+5 GD)

10th - Bournemouth - 63 points (+1 GD)

11th - Nottingham Forest - 62 points (+6 GD)

12th - Middlesbrough - 61 points (+12 GD)

All fairly reasonable (ish) score predictions, leaving the gap to 6th at 3 points with Boro showing the best goal difference with 3 games each to play.

Again, I repeat, we've basically got little to no hope of pulling this off. But whilst it's technically possible I'm gunna enjoy the potential prospect of something special happening...

Our biggest problems are Brighton and Bournemouth. I don't think they'll drop enough points. So we'd need another perfect 12 and some unexpected results in their fixtures to go our way!

Hopeless dreamer over here, I know.