oneBoro Forum

Morris and Fewster

last night Morris and Fewster both played 90 minutes for the England u 18 team against Germany. We won 2-1 and it was played at Rotherham in front of a crowd in excess of 9,000

Fewster ploughed the lone furrow that is the role of a Boro striker these days. He was unlucky right at the death to see the ball bounce out off the post as he tried hard to score England's third of the night. He worked fairly hard without much support up against two good German centre backs.

Morris was the captain and ran the midfield for England. I was interested to see that he was often the player of choice for those England players who did not have another outlet. In fact it was often the case that he was playing in the centre of a back three as England started to build up another attack. Some of his passing was sublime and passes to the wingers particularly Kent (Everton) in particular was extraordinary in its vision and accuracy.

The keeper was from Southend and there were no players from Man U, Chelski, ***nal or Liverpool. The two centre backs were from Reading and MK Dons

In your opinion, two future Boro first teamers?

as Morris has spent the last few weeks on the bench then the logical conclusion would be yes.

Fewster has played most of the season for the u21s. I assume if he's playing England u 18 he's a club u 18 ( doesn't always follow) hence he has to be regarded as very promising and assuming he works hard then yes. He is not small but not particular large either. If he were to go 1st team now he would be too lightweight to cope with the big clumsy thugs masquerading as centre backs in the Championship.

I hope that adequately answers your query