oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Reading (A) 0-2

Good thread ar ..... We were shocking againt millwall no fight. This team should be fighting for the future just hope to see a big improvement if we get beat and we run ourselves into the ground can accept that but what we seen against millwall was unacceptable

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Ok I know that Reading still have problems with injuries and suspensions I believe but with all this talk about giving fringe/untested players a run out for the game are we not in a way doing a disservice to all the other teams close to Reading by possibly giving Reading an advantage.

Whilst we have regular first team available are we not duty bound to field the best team possible and deal with this game as any other in trying to either win or not lose the match?

Just a thought because I would feel mildly miffed if the boot was on the other foot

Completely agree with this.

Plus there have been howls of protest from teams / managers in the past, that have attracted media attention, when they've felt other teams have been given an unduly easy ride by opponents "resting" players.

Not saying we shouldn't try 1 or 2 youngsters, but no more than that.

Ok I know that Reading still have problems with injuries and suspensions I believe but with all this talk about giving fringe/untested players a run out for the game are we not in a way doing a disservice to all the other teams close to Reading by possibly giving Reading an advantage.

Whilst we have regular first team available are we not duty bound to field the best team possible and deal with this game as any other in trying to either win or not lose the match?

Just a thought because I would feel mildly miffed if the boot was on the other foot

I thought there was a rule/law in place that we had to field our strongest or most competitive team. I know mick McCarthy got fined a couple of seasons ago for playing a much weakened side away to Man UTD. (Probably have gotten away with it this season:)) but also my money is not worth any less and if I'm forking out I still what to see Boro be competitive. However 2 young guns would be acceptable tho

First of all, brilliant thread and one that covers all the bases! For me, I think this game can be one we can throw cosh into the wind and grab the game by the scruff of the neck, take the game to Reading. Even though we won four games on the bounce before the Millwall shambles, I felt that we were extremely lucky on a number of occasions and since we've got nothing to lose as such, why not try and impose ourselves a little.

Along with this, Since we've been struggling at LB for cover give that kid, Atkinson is it? a go and see what he can bring to the table ahead of the Karanka remodel when the season draws to close!

As local as this game in to me its not worth the £40 ticket price for me and little un plus travel etc. Saving our money for the Barnsley game on Saturday and the Players Sponsors dinner on Sunday!

Most likely we'll win our last 3 and miss the playoffs by 2 points where people will once again argue whether it was Karanka's or Mowbray's fault. References will be made to Darius Henderson's handball goal and butters' goal that wasn't. This will be firmly dismissed by the Karanka's fault crowd who will claim our failure to achieve playoffs is hinged on a long non - scoring run. The Mowbray's fault camp will reject this idea and blame our leaky defence and poor form under mowbray. Chaos will ensue as people angrily type at each other with caps lock firmly on and the bickering won't relent until we sign a player or have something to discuss.

Watch this space :p

Most likely we'll win our last 3 and miss the playoffs by 2 points where people will once again argue whether it was Karanka's or Mowbray's fault. References will be made to Darius Henderson's handball goal and butters' goal that wasn't. This will be firmly dismissed by the Karanka's fault crowd who will claim our failure to achieve playoffs is hinged on a long non - scoring run. The Mowbray's fault camp will reject this idea and blame our leaky defence and poor form under mowbray. Chaos will ensue as people angrily type at each other with caps lock firmly on and the bickering won't relent until we sign a player or have something to discuss.

LOL

In other words, behaving like typical footie fans...? :P

This game has just become some uninteresting with the terrible loss agaisnt Milwall. At least there is a nice Champions League game on. I will probably still be following the boro score tonight, but thats just out of love...

Time to make some changes, within reason. Got to keep it fair with regards to other teams and the promotion race, but we also have to be a little bit selfish to some extent.