Boro vs Reading (A) 0-2

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I suppose that's one thing in his favour......

(Graham - 2 - Missed a one-on-one when we were 1-0 down, can't even describe how bad it was but he missed by an absolute mile. Didn't even look at the ball half the time, didn't challenge for headers and offered no movement whatsoever.)

At least he's consistent.. :D

Perhaps the reason behind AK not moving from the dugout is because he is distancing himself from the players, knowing he will be saying goodbye to a lot of them.

Just wish he could have been able to do it sooner. :D

Roll on next season life is gonna be so boring again now for a few months.

AK's post match press conference was interesting, he looked pretty crestfallen, it went something like this;

“2 games 2 defeats. 2 very bad games. We had bad games with our attitude. We had four games to finish the season well and the last 2 games have been very, very bad.....

Against Millwall and the same tonight, we played 2 teams who wanted to win, Millwall and Reading. 1 team, our team, didn't want to win. That's my fault because I didn't know how to motivate them.......For the future, I will learn things. For me, whether we finish in 8th or 14th, we should finish in the same way, the right way. I have to motivate the players to finish in the right way. I will choose the right players for the next two games.”

So AK is taking the blame for not being able to motivate his players, whilst blaming his players for not being motivated, whilst blaming his lack of experience before telling us that he picked the wrong team, thus blaming the players that played. Now that is Mourinhoesque!

BUMP!!!!!!!!

The above comments confirmed what NB4 mentioned earlier when there is nothing to play for we are ok BUT when we need to make it count this current squad does not have the ability to do so.

AK's post match press conference was interesting, he looked pretty crestfallen, it went something like this;

“2 games 2 defeats. 2 very bad games. We had bad games with our attitude. We had four games to finish the season well and the last 2 games have been very, very bad.....

Against Millwall and the same tonight, we played 2 teams who wanted to win, Millwall and Reading. 1 team, our team, didn't want to win. That's my fault because I didn't know how to motivate them.......For the future, I will learn things. For me, whether we finish in 8th or 14th, we should finish in the same way, the right way. I have to motivate the players to finish in the right way. I will choose the right players for the next two games.”

So AK is taking the blame for not being able to motivate his players, whilst blaming his players for not being motivated, whilst blaming his lack of experience before telling us that he picked the wrong team, thus blaming the players that played. Now that is Mourinhoesque!

Well, in fairness, its probably accurate too.

He's acknowledging he still has a lot to learn as a manager...remember this is his first managerial / head coaching job.

However, he's also pointing out the players were absolute garbage as well (just going from what I've read on here) and deserve to carry some of the blame.

In the end, success is about harmony and understanding between the players and the manager. The manager has to decide what tactics he wants to play and pick a team capable of doing that. For their part, the players have to execute the game plan.

In our situation, given we have a rookie manager, but generally decent quality players, you would think the players would take up a bit of slack and try harder to make things work, to help the gaffer out.

Anyway, sounds like a major clear-out is needed in the Summer.

Mid-table or not, they are professional footballers (supposedly) who get paid good money for their services and to give anything less than 100% every game, regardless of whether there's anything to play for or not, is just unacceptable.

Didn't realise but that's the first time this season we have lost back to back games in the championship

Seriously? That sounds impossible considering our form at one point!

Didn't realise but that's the first time this season we have lost back to back games in the championship

Seriously? That sounds impossible considering our form at one point!

We ARE joint top of the league in terms of draws, this season. ;)