oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

I'll join the other mods in bemoaning the existence of this thread... it only seems 5 minutes since the last one carreered to an undignified, tear filled, bicker-inducing car crash of an end!

De-railing it a bit there BU. Quick someone have him :):):)

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not ready for this....

I might just get a few thoughts out of the way now...

- I don't believe that any of the people claiming to be ITK are actually ITK...:cool:

- The drunken conversations are not good for this thread.:huh:

- Jelle Vossen...this time, im sure he is coming! Get someone at Durham TeesValley to check the incomings!

- Marvin Emnes is leaving.

- The Echo correctly predicted something....said no one ever.:angel:

- The Echo uses this forum to form the basis of the next day transfer rumour, which we then run with because the Echo has said it and the vicious cycle continues until AK says he has never heard of Darren Byfield.

- I am looking forward to the amount of times AV uses the word "brinkmanship" in his tweets.

- Another 'Jacques Maghoma-gate'...man I really wanted that guy.:-/

- I am sure that 'that site' is a decent place to gather reliable information...

- I think we should sign any and all of our ex-players, especially if they are from our academy...Jason Kennedy anyone?

- I love a good 3 day Adomah medical, me.

- Signing in after 3 hours to hope that there is something from VB or #07 or Magooder to be disappointed after 25 minutes of reading.

- The big egg on my face after I text friends and family about rumours on here, only to look silly afterwards...cough Becchio.

- Puns...yay...more puns.

- Another summer of Forest wanting all our players.

- Our man at Rockcliffe on deadline day, who completely mistook Butterfield for Parnaby (I do appreciate whoever it was going down for the afternoon)

- A deadline day outrageous bid for someone, just to be made to look silly last minute.

- Random sightings of Messi and Wheater in Boro, presumably together.

Right, well I think that is my opinion of all the topics that will be mentioned over the coming months, see you in October!

I believe its nice to read others thoughts no matter how hilarious they maybe.

Adds light heartedness to a dull period.

All you have to do is keep your heads and remember not to get excied or agitated after all its just a laugh.

Anyways I'm running out of jokes..

- I don't believe that any of the people claiming to be ITK are actually ITK...:cool:

- Jelle Vossen...this time, im sure he is coming! Get someone at Durham TeesValley to check the incomings!

- The Echo uses this forum to form the basis of the next day transfer rumour, which we then run with because the Echo has said it and the vicious cycle continues until AK says he has never heard of Darren Byfield.

- I am looking forward to the amount of times AV uses the word "brinkmanship" in his tweets.

- I am sure that 'that site' is a decent place to gather reliable information...

- I think we should sign any and all of our ex-players, especially if they are from our academy...Jason Kennedy anyone?

- Signing in after 3 hours to hope that there is something from VB or #07 or Magooder to be disappointed after 25 minutes of reading.

- The big egg on my face after I text friends and family about rumours on here, only to look silly afterwards...cough Becchio.

- Our man at Rockcliffe on deadline day, who completely mistook Butterfield for Parnaby (I do appreciate whoever it was going down for the afternoon)

- A deadline day outrageous bid for someone, just to be made to look silly last minute.

Right, well I think that is my opinion of all the topics that will be mentioned over the coming months, see you in October!

You missed out the Ross McCormack saga :D

The Evening Gazette state they only deal in fact then days later do a full back page spread on signing a player right out of our league only for them not to come. We are linked with all players beginning with surnames beginning with V from Spanish or Portugese speaking countries.

Rob Hulse gets a mention.

Somebody very exciting is reportedly a nailed on done deal only for #07 to claim this is false there is a hate campaign towards him and then he is proven correct.

People are annoyed and dont appreciate 30 pages of puns related to a player we are linked with.

Add a broken fax machine to the above list and I think we should get transfer silly season bingo cards printed!

I also feel that there would be quite an overhaul in the summer. AK has used his time to look at the players and he surely would have a better idea of who is in and who is out.

AK doesn't seem to favor Steele, so it looks like he is on his way out.

A*** those out on loan, I don't see them featuring in AK's squad... although I would keep Smallwood and Reach as backups. So out goes Richardson, Holiday, Juke, Emnes.

I guess the key positions in the summer is a Striker. And a GK depending on wat happen to Steele and Dimi.

With Omeruo returning - not sure if we need a new defender here

With Chalobah returning - Smallwood's return should cover for this

With Loans returning to their clubs, we have a squad of 32 (according to mfc.co.uk). I think its too big, we can get it down to 27/28 would be easier to manage. AK kept his squad to 30 by sending out players on loan.

Looking forward to the summer transfers.

Q: How many spanish players are we going to sign?

Mix of my own opinions (who I want and don't want) as well as conjecture (AK's favourites, reading between the lines, etc)...

Sell (or offload):

Emnes, Jutkiewicz, Steele, Halliday, Park, Kamara, Hines.

Release (all contracts due to expire):

Ripley, Leutwiler, Parnaby, Varga, Wyke, Richardson, Sirrell, Brobbel, Graham, Atkinson, Dolan.

Buy (or loan):

1 RB, 2 CFs.

Squad:

GK: Dimi, Mejias (season long loan).

DF: New RB (permanent), Omeruo (season long loan), Ayala, Friend, Woodgate, R.Williams, Gibson, Burgess (contract extension).

CM: Leadbitter, Chalobah (season long loan), Smallwood, Whitehead, Morris (loan out).

AM: Adomah, Butterfield, Tomlin, Carayol, L.Williams, Ledesma, Reach.

ST: New CF (permanent), New CF (season long loan), Main.

Team:

---------------- Dimi ----------------

- ????? - Omeruo - Ayala - Friend -

------ Leadbitter - Chalobah ------

- Adomoah - Butterfield - Tomlin -

---------------- ????? ---------------

For some reason, Aitor Karanka reminds me of Laudrup. He has a similar sort of set up and encourages pass-and-move type play. Hopefully he ventures into the market and finds a 'Michu' type player.

I'd keep Omerou (even after last nights performance) let Chabolah go and get a more quality in. They have been mumblings in the media that Omerou wants to come back. And Karanka wants him back next season. So I guess it's up to Chelsea now