oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

Wouldn't be surprised to see Luke Williams/Adam Reach released in the summer or sent out on loan again. It looks like we've got another batch of talented youngsters coming through so if the likes of Reach and Williams don't grab their chance they will be moved on to make way for other youngsters.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, it's tough.

I'm on the fence, part of me wants to bring in guys who can constantly challenge for first team time because competition is always good, and if a player goes into the season knowing he's first team choice he might not work as hard.

On the other hand, having a consistent back four does wonders for chemistry and often performance so maybe it IS better to have a definite starter and then just competent back up.

If a player is a focused professional, which I'd like to think Friend is, then we should be able to have faith in them to keep their standards up. His form under Mowbray is a concern though. Karanka has said he wanted a smaller squad so the likely impact of that will be us shedding some natural back up depth in order to have a higher quality first choice player. So we might well have to settle with some compromise like us having to rely on Gibson and Reach being the back up to Friend at LB.

What is the situation with young players for next season? Who are the names we might hope to start pushing through? Morris and Jones we know a bit about by now, but who else do we think might start making a claim?

From the Gazette-

Aitor Karanka has changed his mind about the kind of players he wants to sign in the summer.

His initial intention on taking charge of Boro was to eventually bring in talented young Spaniards to strengthen the squad.

But now he recognises that the Championship will be too demanding for that kind of player and has turned his attention to other options.

Karl Henry and Ishmael Miller?

Nooo our spanish revolution is over before it even began :(

Does this mean we're going to fill our team with the same sort of boring player that hasn't worked so far?

More grant leadbitters and dean whiteheads wooooo

I know a lot of people ain't keen on last player we got from Coventry (personally I like the juke if we played to his strengths and supported him better!!!) but anyone fancy look at there young player Callum Wilson???

20 goals in 35 games in league one and only 22 years old

He's a bit injury prone isn't he Callum Wilson? Struggling with injuries a lot this year? Not great at such a young age.