oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

I wouldn't touch Callum Harriott he has 5 goals this season sure, but hadn't scored one in 28 league appearances till the other week. He might be worth a punt for the future but he's not the kind of player we want to be looking at to get a playoff place. We need someone who can and will put the performances in now rather than a few years down the line.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is Carayol massively inconsistent though?. Think back to how he was performing before he was injured where he was putting in consistently top performances, especially at home. At the start of the season yes he was inconsistent but Karanka seemed to have helped him find the consistency that he lacked earlier in the season.

***nal have been apparently been scouting Harriott so I cant see us being able to sign him unfortunately.

I've always thought the Eredivisie was about on par with the championship with Ajax and PSV a class above the rest.

I also think that Mourinho will want those kinds of players to experience the more physical side of the English game, and where better than with his old buddy Karanka who uses the same formation and not dissimilar tactics to Jose.

It's certainly not an impossibility (I hope :p )

Is Carayol massively inconsistent though?. Think back to how he was performing before he was injured where he was putting in consistently top performances, especially at home. At the start of the season yes he was inconsistent but Karanka seemed to have helped him find the consistency that he lacked earlier in the season.

***nal have been apparently been scouting Harriott so I cant see us being able to sign him unfortunately.

I think we had this discussion earlier this week, don't fancy repeating everything that was said :D

As for Harriott, ***nal are and always have been in the position to pick up youngsters who show a bit of promise and taking them into their reserves to see if they're all that. We don't have the cash to buy a player with the intention of them being one for the future. Reckon we need proven players and ones for the future we'll have to rely on the academy.

Piazon certainly looks like he had a great season at Chelsea's Reserve team (Vitesse that is) with a fair share of goals and assists.

However, are we really in a position where we can get a player like that after a season like that? I imagine Eresdivision being somewhat of higher quality than Championship. Vitesse ended 4 points short of Europe.

Dutch league is awful man, remember Afonso Alves? 7 goals in one league match :D :D

You obviously have some of the less .. talented teams, however the players still get to play against - and with - some very talented players (for instance W. Bony last year at Vitesse).

As for the physical aspect, then yeah. You are right :P

Christian Eriksen came from Ajax, he did well. And Persie. And Afonso Alves was just a matter of us playing him out of position.. or him eating some weird food. or him not liking a parmo. or maybe he had a stone in his boots.. all the time.. or...................

On carayol, I think he works really well in our system because of how he interacts with friend. When he cuts inside it allows space for George to run into. When they Played together this season under karanka they have always been a nightmare for the opposition.

I was always under the impression that Ajax were in a similar situation to Celtic and Vitesse sold their souls to Abramovich :p

Agreed Smogzilla, when he plays well him and Friend are hard to control. That's the catch though... WHEN he plays well.

Yes, massively. You seem to be basing your opinion of him on his performances just before he was injured when he did have a couple of excellent games. But before that he was just as likely to be poor as he was good, which is inconsistency. It's also why he's been dropped at different times throughout the season. With Carayol it seems he can look very very good or like he's never played a game before in his life. Let's be honest, if he was consistently performing as the good version we wouldn't be able to keep him anyway sadly.

^^^ Emnes survived long enough and he was massively inconsistent.

I think creative players are always likely to have off periods. Ledesma looked a class act one week and poor the next, as did Butterfield.

Also wasn't it partly due to off the field antics why he got dropped most recently?

^^^ Emnes survived long enough and he was massively inconsistent.

I think creative players are always likely to have off periods. Ledesma looked a class act one week and poor the next, as did Butterfield.

Also wasn't it partly due to off the field antics why he got dropped most recently?

He was in and out of the side before that and was good and bad along the way.

I don't understand what you mean as regards Emnes?

Karanka and the rest of his coaching team will spend the next week or two at Rockliffe Park assessing which players have a future at the club and which don’t and will also finalise a list of transfer targets.

“The most important thing for me is the team and the (core of the) team is built,” said the Spaniard.

“All the players have shown me this season they are a good team and are very professional, and with these players and one or two more we can do better next season. I will start planning for next season on Monday morning and will be at the club for one or two weeks preparing.”

The loan signings - Tomas Mejias, Nathaniel Chalobah, Kenneth Omeruo and Danny Graham - will all return to their parent clubs while the Boro boss admits he has yet to decide whether to extend Jozsef Varga’s stay or allow him to return to Hungarian club Debrecen.

He praised their commitment to the cause, saying: “I want to say thanks to the players who were on loan with us because they performed for the team as though they were Boro players.”

Heading back to Teesside are Lukas Jutkiewicz, Frazer Richardson, Andy Halliday and Richard Smallwood, while Marvin Emnes’s loan with Swansea ends after next Sunday’s final round of Premier League games.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/boro-boss-aitor-karanka-begins-7072770

For someone who supposedly doesn't fit into our system, Adomah certainly contributed a hell of a lot this season. When's the last time we had a winger capable of scoring double figures in a season? Johnson? Would be madness to sell now, he was an absolute bargain at 1mil