• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We'll never know I guess, but I'm sure there was plenty of enquiries at that time and we could have more than recouped his fee. Anyway, live and learn as I say. We should have done the same with Rhys.

I seem to remember it was wolves that was the team being thrown about as being the team interested in him for big money. But that season he did score 18 which was the best we have had in a while so for that season maybe moggy was correct to keep him.

Wish the lad well and hope he has a blinder against the mags and mackems

It seems that Emnes was never (or at least rarely) really committed to Boro. Given those six years of wages, I don't think that's really acceptable. I for one won't miss him one bit. Good riddance.

I am really not sure it is fair to say he was not committed to Boro. I saw many disappointing performances from Emnes (and in truth more disappointing ones tha good ones) but i am far from sure that this resolved around his committment. Weather it be down to his lack of belief and technical failings or our inability to draw the best out of him I always had the feeling there was more to come from him but we could never find a way of releasing that potential.

Whatever the reason I would rather than say "good riddance" say good luck in pastures new (and hope he does not come back to bite us in the *** next time he plays against us).

I've never rated him as a player, personally. I remember sitting in a pub alongside the owner of non-league side Halesowen Town watching tour game against Newcastle which essentially relegated us; Emnes had a mare. I was effing and blinding, and he found it very amusing... Even he said he wouldn't have signed him for Halesowen Town based on that performance!

Thing is - Boro fans are endeared to players who work hard and fight for the cause. Even if they're not the most talented footballer in the world, a never-say-die attitude doesn't go unnoticed by us lot. Emnes' work rate was, often, mediocre at best. He's not a player who'll thrive in England. If he went back to the Eredivise, I reckon he'd do alright - but he doesn't have the work rate, strength or desire to be a bit in English football.

That said - he's never done a Kamara and publicly dissed the club. He's never done a Ziege and forced through a move. He's been unassuming throughout his stay - both in and off the pitch. I'm over joyed he's not on our books anymore, on a footballing level, but in terms of Emnes the man... I'm kind of ambivalent.

That said - he's never done a Kamara and publicly dissed the club. He's never done a Ziege and forced through a move. He's been unassuming throughout his stay - both in and off the pitch. I'm over joyed he's not on our books anymore, on a footballing level, but in terms of Emnes the man... I'm kind of ambivalent.

just like Emnes' attitude to performing for his employers!

I think Emnes has talent and may go on to prove a good buy. To me he seemed to be low on confidence and the type of player who cannot get a job done unless he has that confidence. My boy will be gutted, Emnes was his favourite player......!!

Strikes me as a player who must be very needy. Any of us that have coached/managed at any level know that 'arm round the shoulder or rocket up the backside' is not a cliche. Seeing inputs to lads in the 1st group bear fruit is rewarding. But those who can't or won't move on reach a tipping point. There is a whole squad to consider. As rightly stated he's never slagged the club. That is probably down to the patience shown. He's become a caricature which is a sign he should have been moved on some time back.