oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

'Mid-air ... The jet did a u-turn' I'd hazard a guess that turning around mid-air is near impossible without an emergency situation.

Small bit of poetic licence from the Gazette I think.

If one of these two turns out to be Big Shoala I'll dirty protest in the ticket office.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Vossen isnt our top target who on earth could the top target be, if Graham and Vossen are backup targets it is surely someone really high profile

Really hope we push this Vossen transfer through but if we are paying over 4 million for a player who has only done it in weaker European leagues we are taking a bit of a risk ( eg. alves :angel: ) He will probably get 25 goals in this league but we would really be risking everything spending that sort of money on one player

I'd bring in a CM, but only if we had cash left after signing 2/3 strikers and 1/2 RBs. Though if we signed Clayton, our midfield would look beast:

-------------Steele/Dimi----------

Juanfran---Omeruo--Gibson--Friend

---------Leadbitter--Clayton------

Adomah--------Tomlin------Carayol

---------------Graham-------------

Plus with Butterfield, Williams x2, Ayala, Woody, Whitehead, Reach et al battling for a place, that'd be the strongest Boro side we've seen since our relegation...

Sorry SB but I hate this formation......with a passion. If Clayton, or Leadbitter, or even Whitehead are as good as some make out then I would much prefer 4-1-3-2 with a defensive midfielder dropping out and a v****n coming in up front, especially against weaker teams that we should be trying to up our goal difference against.

It's not my formation... It's Karanka's! But as with any modern football formation, it's fluid and moves between 2/3 different make ups throughout the course of a game; Tomlin pushing forward more to make a front two, the wingers pushing forward to make it more of a 4-3-3 - that's why 4-2-3-1 is so popular.

Meanwhile, the Gazette understands Boro bosses are working hard on two deals for strikers and hope for a breakthrough on them this week.

Then they will reassess their squad strength and their finances and may need to move players out before they can further strengthen their firepower.

Only then will they turn their attention to players lower down their wish-list, like Vossen.

From the gazette^^^^

Sounds like we must be fairly close to announcing someone, cant think who it could be, we havnt been properly linked with a striker apart from vossen and DG

Also with Carayol now out until the new year I wonder if we will be in the market for a left sided midfielder, Ledesma looked ok in that position in spells but he is far too inconsistent to keep the position till carayol is fit

'Jelle Vossen (born 22 March 1989) is a Belgian footballer who plays as a striker for Middlesbrough and the Belgium national team.'

Already on wikipedia, it must be official, WIKI KNOWS ALL!