oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

Re; Ayling to Bristol City... at least not too much uprooting for the lad ...quite near to each other i believe , maybe that swung it

90-120 minutes depending on traffic :P

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@GraemeBailey: Belgian club Genk claim to have turned down a fresh bid of £3.1million from Middlesbrough for their striker and captain Jelle Vossen.

@GraemeBailey: Middlesbrough chief scout Gary Gill is huge fan of Jelle Vosssen, hence the interest remains - despite change in boss since their last bid.

@HLNinEngeland: Belgian striker Jelle Vossen wants to join Middlesbrough, after Genk rejected a bid. #boro

Didn't someone say that we could be using this 'we'll only go for Vossen and Graham if we fail to get our initial targets' as a smokescreen and they are actually our top targets? I think there might be some truth in that

Indeed i did...:P

@HLNinEngeland: Belgian striker Jelle Vossen wants to join Middlesbrough, after Genk rejected a bid. #boro

Didn't someone say that we could be using this 'we'll only go for Vossen and Graham if we fail to get our initial targets' as a smokescreen and they are actually our top targets? I think there might be some truth in that

Indeed i did...:P

I think you might actually be right seen as though we've apparently had a bid rejected, well done :D

Anybody else getting a feeling of been there, seen it, tried it? This is complete deja vu of a few seasons ago with this Vossen Saga.

Does anybody else feel this is different? Who rates out chances of him?

It does feel like a been there done that but hopefully the sooner players like juke go and kamara that gives us extra funds and hopefully boost our bids up

I am not 100% convinced funds would be a problem short term, if we did fancy snapping up Vossen quickly.

I think the big difference is that this time round, Vossen is being very vocal ago his desire to join us... That said though, I'm not Gary Gill's biggest fan, so I'm going to politely ignore that bit! ;)

It does feel like a been there done that but hopefully the sooner players like juke go and kamara that gives us extra funds and hopefully boost our bids up

I am not 100% convinced funds would be a problem short term, if we did fancy snapping up Vossen quickly.

i agree, it they are assuming Juke and Emnes will go/have gone and then looking to ship out Kamara and a few others than i think SG will put the funds in place, afterall FFP rulings is for the year not 6 six weeks