oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

Click on anybody's user name and somewhere on the bottom right you will find "add to ignore list". Although its annoying if he is a keyboard warrior and posts every other minute and when people start responding to him, you have no idea what's going on.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone else find it bizarre that at the end of last season AK was talking about us needed seasoned championship players with the idea of signing foreigners from abroad being put on the back burner, and yet other than the lad from huddersfield most of the rumours, and both signings thus far, have been foreigners from abroad. Misdirection to push prices down or a change of plan??

I'm not sure he simply meant seasoned championship players. I think what he really meant was that his initial idea of bringing in skillful Spanish youngsters wouldn't work because while they might have the skill, the championship also demands strength and a mental toughness. I think his comments meant the type of player he's looking for has changed.

With Kike, he knew him before and must understand the guy's mentality. Based on the highlights on youtube you can see he is strong physically but also appears to have drive - look at how many times he puts the ball in the net and quickly grabs it to get the game restarted - his team obviously needing more goals to equalise. That shows leadership and a drive to win and this is the kind of player we need to build a winning team.

As someone else mentioned, it may well also be related to the inflated price of English players, although we've just paid nearly £3m for a second division striker from Spain and have been quoted something like £7m for a Belgian player so it's not only English players who cost good money!

Yeah, maybe I misread or was just lazy when reading his comments last year. Still think it's a little strange though that these 'mentally tough' or 'stronger' players seem to be foreign. I'm not moaning as I'm not in awe of any current champo players, including Clayton. Don't dislike him but not excited by him to be fair.

Well done Stubbzy and Downsouth, I don't post much but remember the carry on from last year. Ah well hopefully back on track with what makes this thread so interesting.

Hi guys,first time poster here and i must say I'm really enjoying this thread

:D

Hi mate :) yes its a good time to be a Boro fan. I think we have reason to be genuinely excited this year.... maybe :p

Hi guys,first time poster here and i must say I'm really enjoying this thread

:D

Hi mate :) yes its a good time to be a Boro fan. I think we have reason to be genuinely excited this year.... maybe :p

Thanks mate,I'm really looking forward to it myself

:)

Same here BB84. If there is no proof he is somebody from a year ago that some people don't like, then he should be allowed back on.

I also agree that this thread has been a good read since we actually made a signing.

Am I right in thinking then that it has all gone a bit quiet again? I mean after you weed out the 'gossip' and speculation what are we left with, genuine interest in Clayton and...?

I read earlier that we're looking to up our bid to 1.5mil for Clayton.

Am I right in thinking then that it has all gone a bit quiet again? I mean after you weed out the 'gossip' and speculation what are we left with, genuine interest in Clayton and...?

We have just signed Kike, to be fair! :D

Plus there's the seemingly imminent departure of Juke. Rumours say right back signing soon (though that's an obvious necessity) and there's the tantalising prospect of maybe two more forwards. That's lively compared to what sustained the first 300 pages on here!