Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We could see Omeruo loan confirmed soon, took this from AV's blog:

Lancelot on July 13, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Hearing Omeruo deal is all wrapped up. Other clubs were interested but Boro kept throwing money at his wage to beat them to it. Good source too.

**AV writes: Boro have always been the first choice of both the player and of Chelsea as has been repeatedly stated by all parties. The Hull story last week was an internet whisper without substance that got out of control. My understanding is that when/if he comes back to Boro, the club will be paying the same % wages as he was last year.

Gibson and Omeruo formed an excellent partnership at the end of last season, I'm looking forward to seeing how well they do with a full season in hand. Ayala and Woodgate aren't bad backups either. :cool:

It's clear that Omeruo would benefit from another spell here. Last season he done brilliantly for us but there were clear weaknesses in his game that will surely improve with more game time here. He needs to learn not to try and step forward to try and nick the ball off attackers as it left us vulnerable quite a few times.

Omeruo's impressive spell with us will surely go a long way to convince Chelsea(and the players themselves) to loan us other highly rated players like Piazon, Ake etc.

Really don't see woody being dropped if he is fit and training well, think it will be a first choice pairing of Woodgate & Omeruo.

Hmm, Woodgate's fitness is a bit iffy, but I do agree that he'd be first choice if he can keep himself in shape.

We're really well stocked with CBs will be interesting to see who Karanka goes with as first choice pairing. I'm thinking Woodgate will be one if them.

Random question: do we expect Karanka to keep Woodgate as captain?

We're really well stocked with CBs will be interesting to see who Karanka goes with as first choice pairing. I'm thinking Woodgate will be one if them.

Random question: do we expect Karanka to keep Woodgate as captain?

I'd imagine so with Leadbitter being vice captain.