oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

Clayton has flown out to Portugal with the Huddersfield squad. Although this probably doesn't change anything, other than if a deal falls through at least he's trained with his current club.

That said, aren't we in Portugal this week? Reckon he could tell his boss he's nipping out to get a 4 pack of Tetley's because he's homesick and have Aitor waiting for him at the checkout. "Sign this son, I'll pay for them."

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nicklas Bendtner has rejectd Frankfurts contract offer. They har thought to have offered around 12k pr. week.

We'd probably be able to offer more like if he's on our radar

I'm pretty sure we could, but I don't think we can attract him, as he'll want to go to a top division club. His agent is also trying to hold out for a huge sign on fee. But I'd rather give Bendtner a 1 million signon fee than pay 1 million for Graham. Bendtner would be absolutely lethal in this division if he would sign with the intention to impress.

I hear what you are saying but it's big if.

The guy has such a negative stigma attached to him, I hope we don't sign him just because I work with so many ***nal fans and they would dine out on that forever.

Clayton has flown out to Portugal with the Huddersfield squad. Although this probably doesn't change anything, other than if a deal falls through at least he's trained with his current club.

That said, aren't we in Portugal this week? Reckon he could tell his boss he's nipping out to get a 4 pack of Tetley's because he's homesick and have Aitor waiting for him at the checkout. "Sign this son, I'll pay for them."

We are in South Spain this week mate. That being said, the flight or drive cannot be that big depending on whereabouts in Portugal they are.

Not unless Marbella has now suddenly become a principality of Portugal!! ;-)

Regarding vossen, has anyone actually seen the guy play, I mean as in more than once!? Seems to be a lot of hope and hype around a very much unknown quantity. To be fair since going down we've not had much to get excited about so let's roll with it ey!

I don't think it'll be one or the other regarding DG and Vossen. I think it could be both with DG coming on loan, and another AM or Vossen with Kamara leaving.

I don't usually post 'rumours' but regarding DG from what I gather we are his only club of choice. He's not keen on leaving the NE as he's got a young family up here now and wants to stay around his and his partners family. As far as I know money isn't an issue for him he is just hoping he can stay up here which tie in with the touch and go comments earlier. I know a lot if people get shot down with rumours but that's from a good source.

No ones gonna get shot down so long as they're not going "ive got some big news coming up for you guys..." and acting like a tool! Everything youve said makes sense and I'm pretty certain it's true

I don't think it'll be one or the other regarding DG and Vossen. I think it could be both with DG coming on loan, and another AM or Vossen with Kamara leaving.

I don't usually post 'rumours' but regarding DG from what I gather we are his only club of choice. He's not keen on leaving the NE as he's got a young family up here now and wants to stay around his and his partners family. As far as I know money isn't an issue for him he is just hoping he can stay up here which tie in with the touch and go comments earlier. I know a lot if people get shot down with rumours but that's from a good source.

I think you could be correct as nothing seems to have changed from Boro wanting to bring 3 strikers into the club especially as it seems Juke is on his way(wish this could be confirmed asap).

DG on loan would be terrific business especially if we do caspture this elusive No10

ha I know Marbella is in Spain (that said, I did get a D in GCSE geography). I thought we were heading to Portugal to play a match but I've looked and seen they're coming to Marbella too. My mistake.

AS you say, not that it really matters. If we could get Lee Dong Gook to come to Boro from South Korea, I'm sure we can get Clayton to hop over to Spain from Portugal.

Nicklas Bendtner has rejectd Frankfurts contract offer. They har thought to have offered around 12k pr. week.

We'd probably be able to offer more like if he's on our radar

I'm pretty sure we could, but I don't think we can attract him, as he'll want to go to a top division club. His agent is also trying to hold out for a huge sign on fee. But I'd rather give Bendtner a 1 million signon fee than pay 1 million for Graham. Bendtner would be absolutely lethal in this division if he would sign with the intention to impress.

Bendtner is more lethal to himself than anyone else. I'd rather have Ismael Miller back than go for Nicklas "I should play for Real Madrid" Bendtner!

We don't need this kind of player to upset our squad.

Hey guys. I realised I totally forgot about the forum until the Kike signing was mentioned over media. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping he can do a job in the Champo this year. Our absence of a 15+ goal striker was the difference for sure. With over 20+ goals in the Liga Adelante and my confidence in AK and his scouts, I'm quietly optimistic about this season.

It's terribly exciting if the news is true about Gibson wanting to spend and his possible 'now or never' attitude to promotion. Clayton would be an exciting addition but I'm a fan of Butters so would be a little disappointed if he was involved in the deal. And of course Juke - I'm a big fan and he just didn't make it at Boro. I'm confident though that he can be a success.

I agree with some others about Woodgate. He's a solid defender, despite his lack of pace, and our captain and I believe he will be in the starting 11 come August. That said, we have awesome partnerships in Gibson and Ken, Ayala and Woodgate or Ayala and Gibson so I'm confident either way, just hope they pick one and stick with it as long as possible.

I read some opinions of other people's starting eleven come August if we do manage to sign the players we're strongly linked with so here's mine if anyones interested! Glad to be back!

---------Konstantopoulos----------

-Gibson--Ayala--Woodgate--Friend-

------------Omeruo---------------

------Clayton------Leadbitter-----

---Adomah---------------Tomlin---

--------------Kike-----------------

Regarding the forum debate on the central defensive pairings...

OK first and foremost its a good predicament to be in with 4 (if Kenneth does indeed rejoin) worthy candidates .

Woodgate has the class thats not in doubt , but i believe that Omerou , Gibson and especially Ayala have become much more accomplished and excelled due to the fact that they were getting regular first team chances and we saw the benefits as the season progressed .

So yep its a tough decision picking two ahead of the other two .

Im in favour of keeping a settled partnership but hopefully the two not playoing will not get disallusioned .

I'd love Bendtner personally. I also don't think he'd mind coming to us despite us being second tier as

A) The Championship is the same, if not better quality, than a lot of the teams who are towards the bottom of Serie A/La Liga/Bundesliga etc.

B) If Gibbo is indeed willing to spend heavily for promotion this season I'd imagine we'll be telling people we're trying to sign about our ambitions and plans to be Premier League next season, maybe with a wage increase or bonus if we go up written into the contracts

Ability wise Bentnar would be fantastic in this league but he has a "im bigger than the club attitude" by the sounds of it. Would we really want someone like that at the club?

I'm all in favour of Karanka's put up or shut up policy, as long as it applies to all. We've seen with previous managers that you can be awesome and still lose you place (Crossley/Skippy etc.)the shirt has to be earned not awarded on who cost what etc.

That crossley / Schwarzer saga stills annoys me to this very day !

Doesnt annoy me in the slightest. Schwarzer was a miles better goalkeeper and i'd have had him back as soon as he was fit as well - even with Crossley's good form.