oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

Its amazing how much of an impact Karanka is having. I get the feeling Karanka has rekindled the enthusiasm of Gibson to spend with the fact Karanka has broadened his search to further than the British Isles something I feel Mowbray showed little interest in and ended up signing the likes of Dyer and Ameobi. I think Gibson has got faith and confidence in Karanka to spend that little bit more compared to last season.

I think the cost cutting since wee GS left has a lot to do with what's available to spend, getting wages off the books for Embed, Juke and those who left in June will help, just need Kamara & Whiteheads gone now or it will be Smallwood making way, unless the rumours of Butterfield wanting out are true.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Karanka is a well mannered Mourinho and I'm certain Gibbo is giving him a lot of financial backing because he himself knows Karanka is too good a manager to dwell in the championship so he wants prem asap

Really hope we don't get rid of Butterfield, I still believe he has a lot to offer.

AK has said he'll only keep those who want to be here, this maybe why we're in for Clayton

Have a feeling we will still need to do some more balancing so I do expect further departures............hmmmm Main to wherever for a nominal fee perhaps????

In seriousness though others will be leaving

Have a feeling we will still need to do some more balancing so I do expect further departures............hmmmm Main to wherever for a nominal fee perhaps????

In seriousness though others will be leaving

Think we'd have to pay somebody to take Main!

Butters, kk, main, hines, steele, halliday all up for grabs according to the journos

I wonder who those lucky clubs will be :D You can add one of Whitehead and Smallwood to that list, don't need both.

You're probably right Eston but I just get the feeling this big money gamble being reported ie Vossen and Clayton as well as Kike may have happened last summer if he was confident in Mowbray or where the team was heading.

I do feel we will be losing one big player and that its most likely to be Steele or Adomah. Given Williams and Carayol are injured and Friend and Leadbitter probably requiring a replacement to come in for them.