oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

It's JUTIKIEVICZ

I doubt anybody noticed that...

Great answer. Poor edit :D

lol, the problem with trying to be clever is that if you don't properly read what people have written it can backfire on you :D

I'm pretty certain it's actually Jutkiewicz. Time for a second edit? :p

You're right but I was too flustered with the first edit trying to do it quickly so nobody noticed. I can no longer continue with the charade and edit further. My stupidity must remain for all to see :( :D

This has fully justified my decision to just call him juke. Its impossible to spell without looking like an @rse :D :D

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont think youve been following my posts CT. I am the FFP preacher!

Youve not really read my post either. I understand what youre saying, but Im not sure why you think its silly to keep hold of your most consistent players and add quality to that? Its fundamental team building. Sell your underperforming players Juke, Emnes, Kamara, Butterfield and buy, loan and free transfer where youre weak...right back & centre midfield Etc As far as im aware thats exactly what we're doing. Seems silly not too when the chairman has signalled his ibtent to push for promotion.

I have been following them mate. You said we don't need to sell. So how are we paying for all of these new players exactly because without sales we can't stay within FFP, it's as simple as that. And if we want to spend big then the likelihood is that at some point you sell someone that is actually useful to you because that's where the money is. It's not a question of it being silly wanting to keep your best players. That is perfectly logical. It's silly thinking that we can simply do that regardless of the situation.

Whats our aim? Promotion or a healthy balance sheet? We need to build not sell. Adomah is one of the few players i'd label not for sale. Add Carayol, Leadbitter and Gibson to that list.

You also said that which is what I was referring to in my reply when I talk about everyone being for sale. If someone offered us £5/6m for Adomah he'd be gone. It would most likely be less for the others, maybe not Gibson depending on how he's viewed. This is reality, not a nice reality but reality all the same.

Bloke on FMTTM mentions a Spanish right back - Jonathan Castro Otto - and Immers.

I recall he posted previously regarding Mikael Tavares which came off, but there was another couple of young players who never materialised.

In the meantime, Stuart Pearce has left his transfer list in Pizza Hut today and it's been leaked.

https://twitter.com/thepinkponce/status/489027330715963392

Great answer. Poor edit :D

lol, the problem with trying to be clever is that if you don't properly read what people have written it can backfire on you :D

I'm pretty certain it's actually Jutkiewicz. Time for a second edit? :p

You're right but I was too flustered with the first edit trying to do it quickly so nobody noticed. I can no longer continue with the charade and edit further. My stupidity must remain for all to see :( :D

To commemorate this day you should change the tag under your name from 'senior member' to 'master of spelling' :)

Done!

Either I'm a little confused or you are!! Surely the second quotation shows I'm open to selling? Without wanting to repeat myself... We've sold the under performers ...Jukiewictz, Emnes for around £3m, hopefully Kamara, Halliday, Smallwood etc. will follow freeing wages and bringing in a small fee. Lose the weaknesses, keep the strengths.

I was sceptical about our spending and FFP limits as I've been conveying over the last week or so; plenty of posters can attest to that. What's opened my mind somewhat was the reply Anthony Vickers gave me when I asked him if Gibson was willing to risk breaking our FFP limits in order to push for promotion, to which he answered yes if the conditions suit.

As I said on twitter during that same conversation, Humpty, no one else gives a flying naughty word about financial fair play - why should we.

It's a risk we have to take to get out of the division. A few good signings, a sign of ambition and hopefully a good start and we could have 3,000-5,000 extra on the gate each week. If we could get 18,000 to 20,000k consistently then the extra attendance would rake us in an additional £1m to £2.5m a year. Every 1,000 fans through the gate is an extra half a million a season.

Everyone else is splashing the cash and completely disregarding FFP. We have been prudent for 3 years.

We've got some cash to spend, we've got some money coming in through sales and with a good start we could find ourselves with money to spend in January to build on it.

Another thing to consider is that an awful lot of fees are spread over a period of time, so a lot of the fees we pay won't come under this years FFP limit, rather the next few years? So the risk we're taking is more limiting ourselves on what we can spend over the next few years by getting the players in now? Probably completely wrong but still!

Lol, there someone on the forest forum who thinks a £2.5mill big will be enough for albert... Have they forgotten there excellent negotiation skills with friend, carayol and leadbitter?

Think he got those two digits the wrong way around!!

Truth is nobody knows for certain what each clubs balance sheet and cash flow looks like. It's a massive grey area. as Neverbefore says we don't know the structure of each deal nor do we really know the cost of each deal. All we can do is speculate. What I do know is we had crippling cash flow following Strachans era and drastic action was required. Tony Mowbray over saw that and we're at a place where we can sensibly manage our ins and outs, which includes taking a few structured risks.

Ultimately I agree with you Ponce, we're in a position where we really need to take those risks or else we're going to get stuck long(er) term.

Lol, there someone on the forest forum who thinks a £2.5mill big will be enough for albert... Have they forgotten there excellent negotiation skills with friend, carayol and leadbitter?

We got £2.25mil for Jutkiewicz... I think the bloke on the forest forum is dreaming :P

Agreed Humpty.

Another thing which staggered me, is that today's sale of Jutkiewicz is the first time we've made a profit on a signing since Tuncay was sold in 2009.

That is an absolutely disgraceful statistic. It also goes to show just how valuable our academy has been over the years.

With that in mind, I sense a new direction over the last 12 months.

Arguably, we could sell Adomah, Leadbitter, Friend and Carayol for a profit I'd imagine. Not that we want to, but just that it does bode well for the future.

It's imperative that we maximise any sales now to increase our turnover for FFP. It's no good wasting the money we have on players with no sell on value as that just cripples us.

We have to go for it now.