• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry folks but we are not signing jelle vossen. I'm not sure why everyone is so desperate for him anyway, lee tomlin is easily capable of doing that job full time, especially as we don't even know what position vossen is best in.

Someone else also mentioned mejias will be a good keeper for us...possibly but if he manages to get more than 20 games during his boro career never mind season I'll eat my running socks. He's been brought in to specifically keep the bench warm and in the case of emergency step in.

What makes u so sure about Vossen??

Sorry folks but we are not signing jelle vossen. I'm not sure why everyone is so desperate for him anyway, lee tomlin is easily capable of doing that job full time, especially as we don't even know what position vossen is best in.

Someone else also mentioned mejias will be a good keeper for us...possibly but if he manages to get more than 20 games during his boro career never mind season I'll eat my running socks. He's been brought in to specifically keep the bench warm and in the case of emergency step in.

Um, Meijas has been brought in to fight for the first team shirt for certain.

I don't know where you get your info from but you're whack if you think Meijas was brought in to be a back up and that was the end of it.

Don't dampen our parade :P

Thanks for the update Mr Gibson...

Utter tosh. Karanka himself says he thinks Mejias is superb, he clearly feels he'll be our first choice long term. Crawl back under your bridge.

So while i agree a little with vossen as i have never seen him play its nice that the club are looking to build strength in every position. Hopefully xt season we wont see square pegs in round holes or us have to make multiple changes to fill one absense.

With regards the keeper i think time will prove you wrong, the lads highly rated at madrid so much so that they have a first option on resigning him. I've actually not seem him play but if hes half what people tell me he'll be our no 1

Kenneth!! :D Delighted by this news. Felt certain after the WC he would be retained by Chelsea or loaned to a higher level. Proof it pays to have a manager with connections!

Um, Meijas has been brought in to fight for the first team shirt for certain.

I don't know where you get your info from but you're whack if you think Meijas was brought in to be a back up and that was the end of it.

Completely agree. Our goalkeeping coach recently mentioned training with the 3 keepers and talked about it. I'm pretty sure I recall him saying that Meijas is a different level to both Dimi and Steele and the fact that they've signed him on a permanent deal suggests they feel there is a very good keeper in there. Don't be surprised to see him starting either in the team on the bench with Dimi in front of him.

Mejias was given the shirt when Given left, had it not been for his broken finger he would have played all of last seasons remaining games, so why is this season going to be different?