oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

Adam Clayton ‏@Clayts15 2 mins

When you get followed by creepy old man shouting questions about your dog !!! #runtunchirun

karanka getting desperate :P

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This Clayton scenario is very similar to the Ross McCormack fiasco last year. Clubs agree fee, personal terms to be agreed, etc. Let's hope this isn't Claytons agent looking extra money for his client...his update on twitter earlier would suggest he's not a sure thing for the Boro

Doesn't seem similar to me at all, Boro and Leeds never actually announced that a fee was agreed, Leeds always maintained that he wasn't for sale, we believed a rumour/ITK source that was posted on this site as gospel and made ourselves look a bit silly.

Huddersfield seem to be open to a deal as clayton is in the last year of his contract and they will, if rumours are to be believed, get a good young player with potential as well as a bit of money for him.

I can't see it being the same as McCormack at all. Tbh if he wanted to stay at Huddersfield over moving here I wouldn't want him. Not to say were anything special but we have a better setup are investing more money and more likely to get promoted. It would be the same if he rejected forest to stay at Huddersfield.

:D bif

He has no reason to be that loyal to huddersfield to be honest, he isnt from the area plus he hasnt been at the club for a long period. Surely if he has any ambition he will come to Boro/Brighton or Forest

Highlights can make any player(especially goalkeepers) look a world beater so I won't get carried away with it. I haven't seen him play a single minute of any game so I don't have any opinion of him yet. He has got to be a pretty good goalkeeper to be at Real Madrid though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6l43HHb0Bw

Highlights of Mejias, doesnt look bad at all

He'll need to bulk up if he is to cope with the physical nature of English football

Not really, he's 6ft 5 and weighs over 13 stone. I'd bet it's all muscle as well. I think what you mean is he'll have to learn to adapt to the physical nature of English football which offers less protection to goalkeepers than in the Spanish league he's used to