• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unlike Hoyte, Richo and Parns, he could defend well. He could also get forward and cross, unlike Varga.

Infact, he was probably our best crosser at one point.

You have to remember, Friend isn't the best defensively, his main strength is going forward, as was Tony's. Different to Friend though. Tony was more precision whereas Friend is all about directness.

Im not debating his ability going forward, for me personally, defenders should first and foremost be able to defend, and for me Varga was a far better defender than Mcmahon was. I think Karanka has worked a lot on Friend to make sure that his priority is defending too, as he was caught out far too often under Mowbray.

Achilles injuries are usually a few months. Could see him back by Nov.

Think it was achilles. Seems so long ago.

I was under the impression they were around 5/6 months, he suffered it at the end of january, surely he is close to a return by now

I get the fact that some players are going to leave, but I don't think it's 'vital' in order to bring players in. We are constantly told by AV and the Gazette that SG is willing to put his money in again this window, but as yet he hasn't. We have bought more money in than we have spent. If gibbo was going to put in, lets say, 5mill for players, then we still have 5mill + a bit left over from the sales of juke and emnes (take off the kike money) + any other sales. I'm still expecting big exciting news sooner rather than later. As frustrating as the silence is, the quieter it gets the more excited I become

Nah, not full backs. Think you need to have some give when it comes to them. McMahon's main issue was his lack of pace, I didn't see it as much of a problem but I remember plenty. moaning that he didn't get back quick enough etc

Nah, not full backs. Think you need to have some give when it comes to them. McMahon's main issue was his lack of pace, I didn't see it as much of a problem but I remember plenty. moaning that he didn't get back quick enough etc

He took a good set piece though!! I liked him in fairness