oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

AV on Twitter;

"They're hoping for 3 signings this week they can't really afford. They are gambling fans WILL pay to see (a) winning team."

"the top man sounded confident when we spoke today"

That first quote sounds a lot like Mr Vossen to me

Clayton and Vossen? Both players at the moment seem to be pricing themselves out? And a mystery other.

I'm not that fussed with Clayton to be honest. CM is one of the few positions that we are already strong in, although I don't deny that he is a good player

Are we strong in CM? Leadbitter, Butterfield & Whitehead aren't going to pull up any trees a***st themselves. I'd personally like to see a bit more quality in there.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we have struck a deal for Vossen(very unlikely!) then we will surely have to take cheaper options, not necessarily not as good but just a bit higher risk by lacking experience like George Saville and other Chelsea youngsters on loan. Otherwise I really don't understand how we can afford Vossen(or someone of that ilk) without a minimum of one significant sales.

Yeah Changing Times, Gibson has made loads of errors, particularly appointing Southgate which started the rot. I meant that if Gibson left now, like many disloyal chairman have done after a decline, then we would be scrapping around with mid-to-low Championship teams.

If we have struck a deal for Vossen(very unlikely!) then we will surely have to take cheaper options, not necessarily not as good but just a bit higher risk by lacking experience like George Saville and other Chelsea youngsters on loan. Otherwise I really don't understand how we can afford Vossen(or someone of that ilk) without a minimum of one significant sales.

Yeah Changing Times, Gibson has made loads of errors, particularly appointing Southgate which started the rot. I meant that if Gibson left now, like many disloyal chairman have done after a decline, then we would be scrapping around with mid-to-low Championship teams.

Could have seen us get relegated that season GS2 left and then again when TM got the bullet. Dangerous times but exciting non the less.

AV on Twitter;

"They're hoping for 3 signings this week they can't really afford. They are gambling fans WILL pay to see (a) winning team."

"the top man sounded confident when we spoke today"

That first quote sounds a lot like Mr Vossen to me

Possibly, possibly not; additional AV comment when asked if it were a surprise, said he'd never heard of him...

Could be a deception though.

Could be a Chinese player names Vellee Joosing:D

Why are people moaning about what we can and can't afford? We have no idea what we can and can't afford, only one man does and he's willing to push the boat out. Instead of finally enjoying something to be excited about we moan instead. Just enjoy the ride ffs.

Nah just told a triple announcement was due and their would be a very good player a***st them! I posted about it the other night.

There is definitely a +1 to be had if a triple announcement is made Stubbz.

Nah just told a triple announcement was due and their would be a very good player a***st them! I posted about it the other night.

There is definitely a +1 to be had if a triple announcement is made Stubbz.

+ Creamzzzz

I mentioned it before but I do see this as perhaps the final season of SG being in sole charge of Boro so the attitude of going for it would be understandable but hey it does seem risky to a degree.[\b]

Results are what counts and that will bring fans back to the ground but that could take a while so maybe with some "way out" signings it might encourage an earlier revival in numbers.

I am going to the first game due to all of this with my son so Boro have guarenteed 2 extra paying fans on the opening day

And I still think we will see further departures before the start of the season and until close of window

What makes you think that DS? It certainly wasn't the impression I got from Gibson at the fans meeting and I don't know why he'd throw money at the club just to walk away from it after if it didn't work out. Things change of course, but I'm curious as to why you think that might happen!