• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The question is does AK have AA in his plans or has he bought nsue to play in AAs role. If the latter is the case then we have to accept that AA simply has to leave. I understand that we are trying to build a squad that has two players for each position but we aren't a cash rich club, ans can't afford to have a 4-5million asset sitting on the bench simply because he was top scorer last season. If he is a starter then AK will keep him. If not then we get what we can, wish him good luck and spend the money on player/players that will start

Its a cliche that every player has his value, but nevertheless absolutely true.

AA was average second half of last season and only rediscovered anything like his early season form in the last couple of games.

He's one of those players who seems to get the best from his ability. Of course he's quick, but he doesn't have exceptional pace and I actually think his first touch is at times poor.

Anything greatly in excess of £3m represents a good deal for us IMHO, as long as we are able to bring someone else in of course.

Given that we have already signed AA's direct replacement on a free, any money we make on him can be invested elsewhere.

If, as someone mentioned above, we can get Clayton, Vossen and Villa right back (for example) with the available cash + AA cash then surely the squad (and first team) is stronger? Which is what you want isn't it Humpty?

Given that we have already signed AA's direct replacement on a free, any money we make on him can be invested elsewhere.

If, as someone mentioned above, we can get Clayton, Vossen and Villa right back (for example) with the available cash + AA cash then surely the squad (and first team) is stronger? Which is what you want isn't it Humpty?

Did we not spend half of last season moaning that we only really had AA and no competition for him?

would it not be madness to then go into this season having exactly the same problem but with a different player?

Has anyone mentioned we might have signed Nsue to play right back?

It has been discussed, but I think Vickers has made it clear that Nsue is an attacking reinforcement rather than defensive. But if we haven't signed a new right back before next Saturday I think there could be a case for Nsue starting at RB.

Did we not spend half of last season moaning that we only really had AA and no competition for him?

would it not be madness to then go into this season having exactly the same problem but with a different player?

I would say AA carrying the team on his own at times against Nsue being in the same situation but with Vossen, Clayton and Lowton is a very different situation.