• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really really hope we don't sign Danny Graham, infact if we do I'd consider not going again!

On the Clayton front I think we should give Huddersfield an ultimatum, if he doesn't sign today then deals off

I'm impressed you managed to fit such a large amount of nonsense into such a short post.

Cheers, it isn't easy!

Seriously though, is that the best we can do, Danny Graham.... I'd have rather us signed Big Ish back.

Never sign a Mackem reject, it hasn't worked before and it won't work now!

Julio Arca?

Stan Anderson?

Shay Given?

Danny Graham was our player in the first place anyway??

Got a feeling the deal will drift, Butterfield probably turned them down

@Boro: Ryan Brobbel has joined Hartlepool United on loan for a month. The 21-year-old made 18 appearances on loan with York City last season.

Is it that bad if the deal does drift? I feel Clayton is a good player but would he improve us that much. Is he really worth 2 million? After watching Butterfield in pre season on a number of occasions it looks like he is finding his form from Barnsley and in my opinion that is more beneficial to us than Clayton. I think it's a blessing if he doesn't come he is too good for huddersfield and hopefully they get what they deserve and he walks somewhere anyway when his contract runs out.

I'd say butters has probably turned them down initially but it's only a matter of time before he eventually signs. If not then I'm sure we will buy clayton anyway once H'field find a replacement. If none of those happen we can just pick him up on a free or reduced price in January :)

People need to claim down.

The same thing happened with husband and where is he playing now?

Both sides say a deal has been agreed between clubs and player. Now just waiting to see if butterfield is going the other way before the Clayton transfer can be finalised.

If the Clayton deal, drifts, it drifts. There's not much else we can do about it. We can utilise Butterfield and/or bring in someone like Ake or Saville on loan from Chelsea, and even try and get Clayton in a cut-price deal in January, or wait out the year and get him on a Bosman.

This summer has rekindled my faith in Gibson & Bauser in the transfer market, and I've every confidence in Aitor's eye for a player. I'm refusing to get het up about any aspect of it :p

Reading the article from AV, Clayton may well be close but we undoubtedly have other irons in the fire. He has made that clear. If we dont spend on Clayton we may well loan a Chalobah, and spend the money elsewhere, or have another foreigner lined up on a free. Not worried at all. The article has filled me with confidence on the professionalism of the club.

Don't mind if we don't get Clayton in time for Birmingham, don't even mind if we have to play Nsue right back (or Ken if it turns out he is fit enough), but I do think we need a striker, and fast. If Kike gets a kicking 5 minutes in, the idea of Fewster on the bench doesn't exactly overwhelm me with confidence.