oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

Let Huddersfield take there time, its a poor club going no where. We will finish above them regardless of where Clayton plays so don't bite guys :D Aitor is a beast, have faith

I think your the one that is biting ;)

We have no obligation to sell to you lot. But some of you do not seem to understand that.

Except that once you've accepted a bid you kind of do...

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let Huddersfield take there time, its a poor club going no where. We will finish above them regardless of where Clayton plays so don't bite guys :D Aitor is a beast, have faith

We have no obligation to sell to you lot. But some of you do not seem to understand that.

R they not a rugby league club anyway???

While we wait to see who will arrive before the kick off tommorow, I just wanted to pose a few questions, when buying a player I always assumed its offer, if accepted invite player etc to club, agree terms have medical, then out for photo shoot.

Now I know deadline day sees things rushed through but I sometimes feel that other clubs either know how to sign players quicker and more easily than boro does once the innitial bid is accepted, and I dont understand how this can be the case cos rockliffe certainly as good as anywhere if not better than some so why does it seem to take us days longer, examples of this are the two lads who went to cardiff and forrest respectivly both announced after the clayton deal. Yes I know its not always boros fault but why does it always seem to be boro that pick the picky finnerky clubs to do business with or is it the boro who is the slow finnerky one?

I think it's just that you weren't aware of those deals. Their fans probably think those deals should have been done weeks ago. Some of our signings are done really quickly so I don't think we're inherently slow. Either way, I'd rather we do it right rather than quickly.

Same as he has no obligation to sign a new contract or move to brighton if we pull out of our dealings with you. He may just sit and wait until January and let us take him off your hands then for a fraction of what we are offering now.

We have no obligation to sell to you lot. But some of you do not seem to understand

Dave I don't pretend to know you but you seem quite a strange individual. You keep saying we have no obligation to sell yet you have accepted an offer for him. That kind of says you have an obligation to sell. It's because let's be fair you are an unattractive club that's the reason Butterfield doesn't want to join and Clayton wants out. Let's be honest if we don't get Clayton he will walk eventually if he is as good as you say then a bigger better team will go for him

I think both sets of fan believe that he will probably sign for us, so what can we expect from him? What are He's strengths and weaknesses?

While we wait to see who will arrive before the kick off tommorow, I just wanted to pose a few questions, when buying a player I always assumed its offer, if accepted invite player etc to club, agree terms have medical, then out for photo shoot.

Now I know deadline day sees things rushed through but I sometimes feel that other clubs either know how to sign players quicker and more easily than boro does once the innitial bid is accepted, and I dont understand how this can be the case cos rockliffe certainly as good as anywhere if not better than some so why does it seem to take us days longer, examples of this are the two lads who went to cardiff and forrest respectivly both announced after the clayton deal. Yes I know its not always boros fault but why does it always seem to be boro that pick the picky finnerky clubs to do business with or is it the boro who is the slow finnerky one?

I think it's just that you weren't aware of those deals. Their fans probably think those deals should have been done weeks ago. Some of our signings are done really quickly so I don't think we're inherently slow. Either way, I'd rather we do it right rather than quickly.

Yes captain your probably right I just find it frustrating that during we do seem to be very slow at doing the back office side of things to get things done quickly especially as once an offer is accepted the time taken to book a medical and get results back should be within 36 hours and agreeing terms another 36 as when deal agreed its not always simple for player to drop everything and go for talks. I just thinks we dont always thinks to pre book or pre arrange legal bods to be there so we can cut down the time taken.

Yes im not an imaptient person but i hate waiting and wondering with no time frame and all boro deals seem to be like this but hey I do think better this than a quick signing and an expensive selling.

Apparently Boro have made a renewed offer for Jelle Vossen of €5m in instalments which they have refused. Genk want €6m

According to?

Some Genk fan on Twitter translating what has been reported in Belgian press