oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

Further arrivals are expected next week with at least two Chelsea youngsters expected to link up with Boro as well as an exciting offensive player.

'Exciting' :)

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like JB both on the pitch and seemingly his attitude off the pitch. I think deep down he knew his card was marked when Mogga was sacked.

Good player, he did seem to get quite leggy at times last season. All the best to him, he is good enough for 99% of the teams in this league

Seemed a good pro, but never rated JB. Average at best, Clayton stood out everytime i saw him at huddersfield last season. Hope he gels quickly, fans get behind him and he continues the form he ended last season on. Very good business indeed, as I'd lost faith in the deal! Wonder if all the figures come out so we know how much we spent/lost regarding FFP

It should be pointed out that we havent 'lost' a player, we have let a player leave at a price that suits us as our manager wasnt going to play him. I know we are all managers and would all pick different teams but its AK's choices that count. If he chooses that JB isnt going to get enough game time, and he cant warrant his pricetag sitting on the bench then it is best for JB and for the club to sell him. Its a choice, not a loss

JB like a few others before him simply was not at the club long enough to make his mark..........reminds me in a way of Paul Okon

Flippin' heck DS, I forgot Paul Okon even existed!! You are probably right though, I will have forgot abot JB in a few years. Never really a gemechanger for us

Micheal Debeve - another blast form the past in a similar mold.

It doesn't matter how good the player is, if they don't fit the manager's preferred system then it's pointless having them warming the bench, same situation happened with Mata at Chelsea

Shame to lose JB. He did show glimpses of his potential last year (then subbed after 60 minutes), and appears to have had a good pre-season.

However, Karanka hasn't done much wrong as of yet and I'm more than willing to take his judgement and bring in a very good midfielder who should suit the system better.

Think we may have seen a different JB this season, having built up fitness post his injuries at Norwich, guess HTFC will get to see it if it hapens

My thoughts too definite shame he has looked good pre season. I also miss whitey's write ups. Was good to get an unbiased* opinion on our games.

*except for jb of course :p

Shame Butterfield is leaving, when he was at Barnsley he was awesome. Not been given a proper chance here I don't think, and seems like a decent professional and bloke. But as others have pointed out if we are getting a player better suited to the system then great, the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts comes to mind.

Clayton will give us more goals, more aggression and a much better balance in midfield than JB, he probably wont have JB's expansive long range passing, but a good friend of mine, who played for Huddersfield until recently, said he very rarely gives the ball away and he's one of the best midfielders in the league. Good signing. Good business.