oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

Was never fussed about him (see all previous posts) even less so now. I agree, we should change the offer to him. Drop the wages by 10%. They won't let him go to Brighton. If AK really doesn't want JB then Clayton has two options. Join us for less than was originally offered, or stay at huddersfield where he has even more competition for places as JB could still sign for them. Yes, he could go for free next summer but if he has been given less game time his stock will have gone down and his opportunities lessened. Leave him to rot, get chalobah, let Jb go for 1mill and go get vossen !!!

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This could now get very awkward for AC if the deal goes through. He polarised opinion prior to this seeming mess as it was, he'd have to go a fair way to appease the fans! Personally I agree with those that say if this is true, as soon as his head's been turned, forget him and move on. Butters flourished pre season & I reckon if he stayed he'd use it as a positive to fire himself up and prove further what he can do for the club. AK only wants players who want to be here. He must be absolutely furious right now.

Looking forward to seeing all the Boro fans doing another u-turn on the love-hate affair with Clayton if he signs.

#ficklefans

If he signs, then, as with any other player that pulls on the Boro shirt, I will get behind him and support him. But I'm not gonna lie the deal will not sit well with me. We are seemingly swapping a 24 year old who didn't really want to leave and has a couple of years left on his contract for a 25 year old that isn't really that fussed on signing for us and is in the last year of his contract. Plus we're going to be paying about £1m in the process. Plus I really don't think there's much ability wise between the 2. But as I say, if he signs, and works hard while he's in a Boro shirt, I'll support him. If he doesn't sign I hope he gets the abuse he rightly deserves the next time he sets foot in the riverside!

Nobody knows what is going on behind closed doors. It's all rumours, gossip and bullsh!t

If he signs, I'll get behind him and support him like I do every other player.

You can't just dismiss him without knowing facts.

A statement from Huddersfield Town

Following recent media speculation surrounding Adam Clayton and his subsequent omission from today’s match day squad against AFC Bournemouth, Huddersfield Town has made the following statement.

Over the last three days, Huddersfield Town has been in advanced talks with another club about a possible permanent transfer of Adam Clayton.

In that period Adam has been discussing personal terms with this club, meaning he has not participated in Town’s pre-match preparation. As a result, he has been left out of today’s match day squad.

A deal remains possible, but has not yet been concluded.

http://www.htafc.com/news/article/first-team-news-clayton-statement-1815309.aspx#DE3kjwzYBwECKuyc.99

KM the way I see it his agent has probably coaxed Brighton to come back with another offer to try and get his client (and himself) as much £ as possible. I doubt AC has actually had much say in this new twist to be honest.