• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did not expect news to break at 6.30am but hey I guess it's good news hope he grows a beard dyes it red and white to get a place in our hearts.

If he no shows this time... Well let's just hope he shows.

It's Damia...not Abella...

It's a bit like calling Juninho 'Paulista'

I thought Paulista means 'of São Paulo' rather than Pernambucano which is in reference to another Brazilain state, so that fans could distinguish which Juninho when they both played in Brazil together in the 2000's for Vasco(?)?

I could be wrong as I'm not Tim Vickery

You're about Damia though, it's like calling Xavi, Xavi Hernandez

Ok well for me once he signs and puts on the Boro shirt we all get behind him 100%.

Team work, effort and ethos in his performances are the only things that count and I sincerely hope that when he is introduced the first time to the Boro fans there is not one hint of derision shown

Hi everyone, like a lot of you, this thread has been visited umpteen times over the last few months on every break from work I've had so cheers for keeping us all updated wibute very twist and turn of the transfer roller coaster in one place! Not had time to get posting so thought I'd finally share my thoughts!

It's been quite a turnaround over the last year or so and this season is building up to be something special. Whilst I feel the frustrations as much as everyone else regarding the gaps in the squad that need filling I'd say it's all the more reason to be optimistic about the season ahead!

Interesting to see the transfer policy over the summer, I remember a piece in the Gazette at the start of the summer about how his policy has lard since he first took charge and that he'd initially planned to target young Spaniards but now realises they would struggle to cope with the demands of this division. I'd say this shows the vision of the man that he's still targeted players from the league he knows best and where players can be picked up much cheaper. Simultaneously it's nice to see that he realises,a cor of players from this country ith experience in this league are vital and whether the Clayton deal comes off or not I reckon we'll see someone or a similar ilk targeted for that midfield position.

All in all a very good summer so far and plenty of reason to be hopeful for Karanka to bring the good times back!

Welcome aboard Lincoln Smog and about time you signed up:)

Well seemingly the Clayton saga is finally over so another one for us to get behind and I hope we will see more of you over the coming days weeks and months:D

So today could prove to be a double signing day with 2 smiling new signings in a Boro shirt pic? I suddenly feel spoiled.

We basically got Damia and Clayton for 750k since we let JB go, not bad business at all.

Let's face it, AC has used up any grace he may have gotten whilst he settled in. If he doesn't hit the ground running the fans will be straight on his back, but that was his choice.

I do hope that AK has got this one spot on.

So today could prove to be a double signing day with 2 smiling new signings in a Boro shirt pic? I suddenly feel spoiled.

We basically got Damia and Clayton for 750k since we let JB go, not bad business at all.

Are you really expecting to see a picture of them holding up Boro shirts? :P

So if Clayton finally arrives and signs today, what's going to happen tomorrow? Wasn't Wednesday going to be the 'day', exciting signings?

Any idea if we will sign more tomorrow? this exciting forward and possibly Chelsea lads although the options are running out as various names mentioned seem to be moving elsewhere.

Any info would be great and a nice way to start the working day.

UTB!

We don't know what happened with AC all we know it may have been Huddersfield that stopped him both times.

If our fans are getting up set over this what are Huddersfield fans thinking about JB. The club had to force him just to speak to them :)

Are you really expecting to see a picture of them holding up Boro shirts? :P

I like to think my Boro+ subscription could cover someone at the club taking a quick photo with the new signings, a selfie would do I just need visual verification that they are at Rockliffe sat on a brick wall on a lovely August afternoon grinning like a cheshire cat holding up the leagues sexiest kits (unbiased and undeniable fact).

In the shirt or holding up the shirt, I'm not fussy but give me something.

I really rate Clayton, but this whole debacle has left a bit of a sour taste. It's obvious he had nothing to do with not having the first arranged medical, as that was Huddersfield. But wtf happened to the 2nd one? I'm with Humpty, his agent can only advise so much, surely the final decision lies with the player?

I'll support him as he's (seemingly) going to be our player, but think he should clear this thing up when he's signed, and tell us exactly what happened.

Damia Abella and Clayton, two more great signings. I can't believe how good our business has been this summer. Hats off to all involved at the club, things couldn't have gone much better!