oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

If you luck at the subs we had on Saturday I think if we're really going to put a serious challenge on we need at least 2 more players and that's without Clayton, The subs on Saturday were... Dimi,L.Williams,Husband,Omeruo,Nsue,Smallwood,Fewster

Realistically we need another striker to replace Fewster, Omeruo will be playing every week so I would be happy if Woodgate was on the bench to cover. And when Clayton comes in Whitehead will drop to the bench. And if we're lucky we can get another Chelsea lad possibly Bamford to replace Luke Williams.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The AC press conference could be interesting. I can imagine him turning up with a black eye and being asked how he got it. Looking at Gibbo or Karanka nervously he says he walked into a door.

Im not sure we will hear the whole truth it could more or less be a Juanfran issue where he needed to be sure before completely committing as didnt he agree terms as well or perhaps he really did want to go to Brighton. Good signing just not done in the best way possible

It is probably in the best interests of the club if we don't hear the full truth. AK seems to have got everyone on board to his way of thinking and believing that we can become a good TEAM. Something that happens all the time in football dealings shouldn't split the fans over AC finally signing for the club & spoiling the excellent work gone on in the past few months. When AC finally becomes a Boro player he should get the same chance that every new arrival has, then it's down to him to prove he is worthy of the shirt & a place in the team. This could turn into our best season in years, so lets get behind them & make the dream happen. UTB

Someone should ask AV to clear up how many bodies we are after now excluding the 2 CFC lads. If I remember what he was talking about a week ago was an 'exciting' attacking player and a domestic LW?

Someone should ask AV to clear up how many bodies we are after now excluding the 2 CFC lads. If I remember what he was talking about a week ago was an 'exciting' attacking player and a domestic LW?

I've posed the question for you

Vickers tweeted some lad before saying "Another couple very close" sounds promising! :)

On the Clayton article it says 2 further Chelsea loans are close to completion

I've posed the question for you

Thank you very much never got into twitter etc I left social media with a Bebo account. The couple very close is the CFC signings he mentioned in his article I guess.

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey 57s

Wolves are rivaling Middlesbrough for Patrick Bamford and George Saville. Boro still confident they can get deal done for Bamford.

Take that KM!

Haha! :P

Got mixed feelings waking up this morning. Happy about Clayton finally joining but still deeply shocked and saddened by Robin Williams' death :(

Utterly tragic loss of life KM

The team for the Leeds match will be interesting, although I don't expect new signings to jump straight in, they normally have to battle their way in.

I would expect Damia Abella to go straight in. I know it hasn't usually been Aitor's way, but he'll have trained with us all week, potentially have already made his debut tonight, and we really need him in there a recognised right back.

Wouldn't expect any other new signings to go straight in though, but would think we'd see Clayton coming off the bench.

I'm guessing when we're bringing players from Spain we just have to be a little careful with where they are at with pre-season training and fitness. I'd like to think he'd be ok to drop straight in but I don't have any problem with Hines playing away from home against those dirty puddings, as long as it's not going to continue. It's a separate thread but I think Hines might be one who, if given time with Karanka, might improve a lot if he's over his injuries.

He's played 120 matches in 3 seasons captain, so I'd assume Damia's fitness is pretty good. He'll also have had a full pre-season with Osasuna as they only negotiated to release him when he knew we were interested. Fingers crossed he'll slot right in, but if he's not at peak fitness then the Oldham game may be able to give him a runout.