• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

George is a very special player... Hence why he deserves to be in he Premier League.ideally, that would be with Boro - but we all know, as Boro fans, this is far from an ideal world. IfPalace do offer £4.5m, it'd be very hard to turn down - especially as he's only got a yer left on his deal and his he'd might be turned by Premiership interest this summer.

In consolation - I can't think of a better, ready-made, Football League hardened replacement than Husband. Phenomenal piece of business on Karanka, Gibbo & Bauser's part, regardless of the outcome of the Gorgeous George situation.

PS. Can you tell I've been drinking...? ;)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/jan/31/middlesbrough-bolton-rhys-williams-bid just came across this. :D

As for the George Friend situation, I'd happily take £3m+ if it was from a Premier League club especially as he's in the last year of his contract. He's good but not irreplaceable and with the funds that we get from that we could strengthen everywhere.

We also have Halliday and Husband so it shouldn't be necessary to find a replacement.

I love Friend. But for that kind of money and only a year left on his contract we'd have to sell. £4m+ and it's a no-brainer. Luckily we have a potentially decent replacement to step in as well. On top of that it would ease some of the fears of over-spending re FFP rules (or at least keep us closer to it).

Would be sad to see him leave but it wouldn't dent my optimism for the coming season drastically.

Since getting relegated this is the season we look like genuinely getting promoted and people want to cash in on GF. Don't get me wrong I understand what AK could do with the money but if we are to get promoted NO first team player leaves IMO....UTB.

@PhilHayYEP: Clayton to Middlesbrough looks to be going through. Leeds have a sell-on clause in his Huddersfield deal so will make a bit of cash. #lufc

Anyone know how much Leeds will be getting?

@PhilHayYEP: Clayton to Middlesbrough looks to be going through. Leeds have a sell-on clause in his Huddersfield deal so will make a bit of cash. #lufc

Anyone know how much Leeds will be getting?

15% I believe.

@untypicalboro Any truth in the Friend rumours? Hope the club can fend off any suitors!

@JP_Jacko Don't think so. He seems happy as Larry to be here and be part of what is happening.

@untypicalboro do you think Friend will be offered a new contract at some point?

@Cmon_T_Boro Yes.

With all the drama surround the AC transfer, not much has been said of the potential/possible loan for Lewis Baker. He looks like a capable #10, two-footed and good competition for Tomlin. Chelsea young player of the year, 2nd top scorer in the U21s with 11 goals from 20 games while also chipping with 7 assists. Recently he also played in a pre-season friendly against AFC Wimbledon where he provided all 3 assists in the 3-2 win. So by all accounts, he looks like he will be a handy player to have in our squad this season.