oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

Isn't saville a similar player to Leadbitter? Why would we want him?

After all our deals are complete the squad is going to be huge, chances of the likes of Morris breaking through are slim when he's got Leadbitter, Clayton, whitehead and Smallwood all ahead of him. Its Time to get players in situations like that out on loan now.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im not one for worrying about FFP as I pay my money to watch good football, not peruse the accounts. However, If we really are going to be paying £20m in wages this year, SG may think its a step too far to keep an asset of £4.5m that we could cash in on. Especially wehn we have paid a fee for a back up. I love George, (and I think hes one of our best and most consistantly good players), but can see him going for that kind of price. What we can't afford to do is lose him for nothing, especially if the promotion gamble doesnt work. We may just need to bite the bullet, and trust in AK's awesomeness in signing Husband

I think I'm a bit late to the party with this one, but is Friend leaving? Or have we just had an offer - as with AA - that we will knock back.

I think as we have a tight squad who have gelled well and are clearly displaying that on the pitch, I'd risk losing out on the money for the bigger picture of keeping a strong unit that will earn us much more in promotion and cup run gate fees.

I saw something mentioned on Twitter last night but wasn't sure if it's an official bid or hearsay.

Just an article on SSN saying that QPR, Palace and Reading are interested. Palace apparently preparinga £4.5m bid.

After all our deals are complete the squad is going to be huge, chances of the likes of Morris breaking through are slim when he's got Leadbitter, Clayton, whitehead and Smallwood all ahead of him. Its Time to get players in situations like that out on loan now.

I think we will see younger players and fringe players start going out on loan next week.

I think we will see younger players and fringe players start going out on loan next week.

I think saville will mean the end of smallwood, put a bit of money back into the pot

The sixty-four thousand dollar question must be 'can we achieve our goals without GF and AA?' I would suggest that Husband could do a really good job at LB and Nsue the same at RAM. If we could be lucky with injuries then there is still the same potential of a really good season, with the added bonus of £7-9million saved, and hence less pressure on the club if the ultimate goal isnt reached this season. It does, however, all depend on luck and staying injury free (and of course depends on who we get in between now and the end of the window.

Ah, I see. Thanks Atokous.

Well we'll no doubt see plenty more headlines like that the more success we have throughout the season. Can we expect to get to the end of January without a few clubs being linked to most of our first team? (Tomlin, Kike and Friend my favourites for the transfer window "Most Linked".)

The sixty-four thousand dollar question must be 'can we achieve our goals without GF and AA?' I would suggest that Husband could do a really good job at LB and Nsue the same at RAM. If we could be lucky with injuries then there is still the same potential of a really good season, with the added bonus of £7-9million saved, and hence less pressure on the club if the ultimate goal isnt reached this season. It does, however, all depend on luck and staying injury free (and of course depends on who we get in between now and the end of the window.

If we just take those two out of the squad without replacements, no I think we'd struggle. no cover really in either of those positions.

HOWEVER, if we replace them with equally good options like nsue or husband appear to be...(really for the same money) then maybe we can. We don't however know who the club would have lined up as replacements and how easy these deals could be done if they would be done.

I've stopped speculating as much this year, as little info from the club to go on and I've a lot more faith in karanka than I did in mogga (though I had faith in him to pick up bargains)

See, THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

...........is the problem when we have pretty much done all the business that we're expecting to do.

If we were still significantly light on players this wouldn't be happening.

Meijas/Dimi/Steele

Damia/Hines

Gibson/Woody

Omeruo/Ayala

Friend/Husband

Leadbitter/Smallwood

Clayton/Whitehead

Adomah/Nsue. /

Tomlin/Baker. / Ledesma

Reach/Carayol. /

Kike/Bamford

That's a 24 strong squad as Karanka wanted. Likely meaning that the likes of Williams, Burgess, Morris, Jones, Fewster, Atkinson, Bennett et al will go out on loan.

Personally, I'd keep Luke Williams as the back-up No. 10, with Ledesma as another option for the role when he's back fit and ready - or the option of Bamford just behind Kike. Baker, for me, isn't needed. I'd rather us develop one of our own, personally.

And regardless of my feelings about Bamford, I'm willing to hold my tongue and give the lad a chance to prove me wrong.

Looks a strong squad, however and nothing against Bamford but surely we need someone with a little more experience to be our only back up

Far too early to say whether Nsue is competent enough to replace Adomah. Ive not seen anything to suggest he could just yet. Regardless of that, Nsue is competition not a replacement. The same goes for Husband. We dont need to sell, we have a balanced squad short of maybe another forward until Bamford arrives, so why sell to weaken?

I think I'm a bit late to the party with this one, but is Friend leaving? Or have we just had an offer - as with AA - that we will knock back.

I think as we have a tight squad who have gelled well and are clearly displaying that on the pitch, I'd risk losing out on the money for the bigger picture of keeping a strong unit that will earn us much more in promotion and cup run gate fees.

I saw something mentioned on Twitter last night but wasn't sure if it's an official bid or hearsay.

Just an article on SSN saying that QPR, Palace and Reading are interested. Palace apparently preparinga £4.5m bid.

As much as I bloody love George, I'd take £4.5mil for him. Everyone has their price. I'd also expect a sell-on clause too...

Far too early to say whether Nsue is competent enough to replace Adomah. Ive not seen anything to suggest he could just yet. Regardless of that, Nsue is competition not a replacement. The same goes for Husband. We dont need to sell, we have a balanced squad short of maybe another forward until Bamford arrives, so why sell to weaken?

Damn right. Just because we will get money for them dosent mean we should sell. Potential promotion is infinitely more valuable than lost transfer fees on individual players

I agree our squad is looking good but I'd be very surprised if we don't see any big money out goings before the window shuts.