• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bamford and Ake were at the training ground today, up to you if you believe it or not but expect some news by the end of the day

I just can't see why we would go for Ake...

We don't need a CB or a CDM now AC has arrived...

Ake throws a spanner in the works.... Great player, but no idea how he'd fit in - presumably the Chalobah role has been filled by Clayton, and we are set for centre backs.

Bamford and Ake were at the training ground today, up to you if you believe it or not but expect some news by the end of the day

I just can't see why we would go for Ake...

We don't need a CB or a CDM now AC has arrived...

Smallwood to Rotherham maybe? 300-500k in the bank

plus maybe Hines out to Birmingham (wasn't this close to happening last year?)

Can Ake tackle, because by all accounts Clayton can't, leadboots isnt the greatest in the physical department. We keep hearing of a 'surprise departure'. Maybe leadbitter. It appears we only have whitehead who knows how to get his foot in. If Ake can, then we have Ake/Whitehead alongside Clayton/Leadboots. If that is the case, knowing his estimated value, maybe Leadboots is the surprise departure, unless we think that JB was.

Haha apologies! That's what I get for skimming over the posts rather than reading them fully - didn't realise a position or age was given. In that case, I've no idea who this fella is but looks like he is made up!

I agree though it looks like Ake/Whitehead will fight it out for one of the CM spots and Clayton/Leadbitter will fight it out for the other. Goes along with AK's aim of having competition for every position. Although would seem to signal the end of Smallwoods playing days for us which is a bit unfortunate as I reckon he is a decent player but if we are really pushing for promotion then I think Ake is a better option to have!

DW/AC & Ake/GL as a rotating pairing would keep the midfield fresh.

I like the sound of that.

Smallwood on the way out then for sure with morris in and around the 1st team as cover?

...To say he has pace but no end product is completely the opposite of true...

To clarify, I meant he had no end product when playing wide - meaning he's not a great crosser of the ball. I agree there's definitely an end product when he plays as a No. 10

According to a lad who's very close to the youth side at Chelsea, it's definitely Bamford and Baker who will be coming. No mention of Ake whatsoever, I'd find that very surprising as he's been named in Chelsea's season squad hasn't he?