oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

AK has stated that he wants Kike and Bamford to get 20 goals each, and Adomah to chip in with at least 10. So surely the intention is for all three to be regular starters. Makes me think we may more often then not shape up like this...

-------------- Osario --------------

--------- Omeruo - Ayala ---------

- Damia ------------------ Friend -

------- Leadbitter - Clayton -------

-------------- Tomlin --------------

---- Adomah ------- Bamford ----

--------------- Kike ---------------

Wouldn't look to play Bamford out wide like some have suggested on here, but it definitely suits a sort of diamond system (very much a mix of 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1) with Bamford finding space in the box a little more then Adomah (I assume) and the full-backs providing the majority of the width (particularly Friend).

Looks sexy!

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@GraemeBailey: Understand the sale of Smallwood could see Middlesbrough return to a deal for Chelsea's George Saville - which would be a permanent deal.

Not too impressed with the fee, but I'm fairly convinced that we wouldn't have done it without having some sell on fee clause in there

Can't recall us ever doing it before so I wouldn't hold your breath.

At least we took the optional extension and ended up getting a fee for him

Like others wish Smallwood all the best however somewhat surprised that Luke Williams is still here though plenty of time for further departures as I am certain this will not be the end of players to leave

Id love to see Tomlin, Bamford and Kike start.

I'm sure they will. I suspect we will see a change in the formation seeing as though Karanka wants Kike and Bamford to get 20 goals each!

Makes sense with the Savile deal, allows us to get another player in on loan either from Chelsea or elsewhere if we get an injury once the emergency

Loan window opens.

From what I hear he's a good tidy player but seems a bit of a waste of a loan deal to fight his way from fourth to first choice cm. If he does come in on a permanent deal in place of Smallwood I'd say it's cry good business from the club.