Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

99% chance Steele will be gone by the deadline

Could well be saying his goodbyes at Rockliffe as we speak

Heres hoping. Ill be sad to see him go, but if hes not in the plans its essential to get his wages off the books.

Hope theres some kind of clause in the deal for Steele that allows us to recall him at some point if he impresses at blackburn and karanka is willing to give him a shot at competing for a new contract. Still convinced that he will have a good career, i think we made a mistake letting him slip of the radar tbh. We could be looking at big bids from premier league clubs now instead of a low key loan to blackburn with the club resigned to the fact that we will lose him on a free next year

are any of you twitter lot on here:

http://www.hbvl.be/cnt/dmf20140901_01244937/middlesbrough-fans-worden-gek?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=twitterfeed&utm_campaign=autom_articles

Middlesbrough fans are crazy: 'Better than Falcao transfer'

Jelle Vossen plays since Monday afternoon officially the shirt of Middlesbrough. Fans of the English team respond overjoyed at the arrival of the ex-Genkie. "Better than the attackers ***nal," "The problem with Radamel Falcao is that he is not a Jelle Vossen," ... It's just a few of the comments that have appeared on social media. We selected the best:

That's mine

Sat in waiting room in french hospital for persceiption and reading all the comings and going..well happy with vossen just hope he doesnt become a white elephant after all the hype...but cant help think this is a SG signing rather than a AK one to please the fans...

are any of you twitter lot on here:

http://www.hbvl.be/cnt/dmf20140901_01244937/middlesbrough-fans-worden-gek?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=twitterfeed&utm_campaign=autom_articles

Middlesbrough fans are crazy: 'Better than Falcao transfer'

Jelle Vossen plays since Monday afternoon officially the shirt of Middlesbrough. Fans of the English team respond overjoyed at the arrival of the ex-Genkie. "Better than the attackers ***nal," "The problem with Radamel Falcao is that he is not a Jelle Vossen," ... It's just a few of the comments that have appeared on social media. We selected the best:

Thats scary.. Earlier I posted this to my Facebook page..

"Falcao to United is an unbelievable deal.

He's no Jelle Vossen though..."

Ok well that's the way I see it. You can choose to see it differently if you want.

No need to be so aggressive though. Have noticed it in several of your posts. It appears you have some kind of vendetta against me, which is fine I guess. But just because you disagree doesn't mean you're right. Sometimes you can express your own viewpoint, alternative or contradiction without turning it into an attack.

Anyway, regarding Liverpool. Yes it was a diamond at times. That's the point. It's interchangeable. Essentially it was 4-3-3 of sorts, but positionally it rotated, with Sterling in advanced positions when need be. Sterling could have got several goals that day. Ok, it's not really a case of three traditional centre forwards, but then some of our own strikers have been touted as capable supporting strikers too. Again, at times. Not exclusively. And I'm not saying it will work. Just that it might. And we might go down that road.

There was nothing aggressive about my post. You're talking nonsense in my opinion so I called it nonsense. Sterling isn't any kind of centre forward and Liverpool don't play in the way you suggested. I have absolutely no kind of vendetta against you. I barely look at who the poster is when I read something. I'm interested in what is being said, not who's saying it. I believe in your case I've disagreed with two things you've said recently, if it's more than that I can't remember. One was something to do with Tomlin and one is today. Hardly a vendetta is it?

Going back to your point, Sterling could have got several goals yesterday getting forward from midfield, not from playing up front. It's completely different to what you're talking about and you know it is. I have no idea whether it could work for us or not, I don't even know how Vossen plays yet because I've never seen him and I haven't seen that much of Bamford either really. I think it will be very interesting to see what exactly Karanka has in mind in terms of our shape etc. We've bought two wingers this summer so it would seem strange to then move to something that doesn't really use them. Clearly not all of the signings are going to be in the side at the same time however.

Certainly more then twice, but whatever.

And, no, it's not all that different. If you have a player who can be creative and score goals, then great. You don't have to chuck a 'midfield' or 'centre forward' tag on him. If in the three you can have one ever so slightly further up who can win headers, hold up the ball and play the others in (Kike) or one who can be creative to the other two (yet to be seen), then 3 up top works, regardless of the positional tag.

For me, Sterling is not just a midfielder.

You're right. We don't know that much about Vossen. But I've seen enough to see he has some creativity in him. And I know that he can play behind the two because he loves that supporting striker role. I know this because he is my brother-in-laws best friend. That last part may or may not be true.

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey 7s

Goal also understands that Middlesbrough are looking into the possibility of signing Chelsea goalkeeper Jamal Blackman to replace Steele.