oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

Apart from Juanfran we have got every one of our top targets in, brilliant transfer window for us

I'm overjoyed with our transfers this window, I would of liked a dominant midfielder but hey so be it.

I bet there is some fans out there moaning after our best transfer window in years.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

from AV's blog:

"Obviously the move will raise some eyebrows, swapping an experienced England Under-21 international for a novice. But, let’s be honest here, whatever you think of Steele – and I think technically he is the best on the books and is a perfectly able Championship keeper wit hthe potential to get better – he wasn’t going to play and given the money added to the wage bill in the summer Boro can”t afford to have £12-15,000 a week playing in the reserves. So easing him out has helped in that respect.

And Blackman is not just making up the numbers. He comes highly rated and will be expected to actively challenge for a first team place in a way that Steele would not be able to given his internal exile. He will put pressure on Dimi – and on Meijas too. And we all know that genuine competition there is a pressing concern."

CFC U21s very happy to have Baker guaranteed until January as per the plans. I know not alot know about Blackman but he is a legit professional with a big future also he is a giant definitely different keeper to the ones we have.

Baker in January a possibility with JB returning depending on JB gametime. But yeah told CFC U21 staff very happy to hang on to Baker.

from AV's blog:

"Obviously the move will raise some eyebrows, swapping an experienced England Under-21 international for a novice. But, let’s be honest here, whatever you think of Steele – and I think technically he is the best on the books and is a perfectly able Championship keeper wit hthe potential to get better – he wasn’t going to play and given the money added to the wage bill in the summer Boro can”t afford to have £12-15,000 a week playing in the reserves. So easing him out has helped in that respect.

And Blackman is not just making up the numbers. He comes highly rated and will be expected to actively challenge for a first team place in a way that Steele would not be able to given his internal exile. He will put pressure on Dimi – and on Meijas too. And we all know that genuine competition there is a pressing concern."

Not happy at all with the way we have dealt with steele but what AV said is 100% correct. No matter how highly some fans rated him he was never going to feature again under AK, good luck to the lad, im sure we will end up regretting letting him go but it is what it is.

Have to trust the manager on this one, need the players he is comfortable with and steele isnt one

Best news of the day could be this txt:

'Turned down 2 bids from palace for friend'

I think the new contract was the clue to this one. Palace ended up with the lad from Spurs didn't they?

Best news of the day could be this txt:

'Turned down 2 bids from palace for friend'

I think the new contract was the clue to this one. Palace ended up with the lad from Spurs didn't they?

Dont know trying to catch up now, those bids were today though.

Blackman was not the 'under the radar' player. May be revived in loan window according to AV. Is there a limit to the total number of loans we can bring in?

4 youth 4 senior players is the limit

I asked the Chelsea youth guy on twitter what Blackman's strengths and weaknesses are, which he replied with:

Chelsea Youth ‏@chelseayouth · 42s

@p_mards He's got very sound fundamentals, decent with the ball at his feet, needs to become more imposing and physically dominant.

I asked the Chelsea youth guy on twitter what Blackman's strengths and weaknesses are, which he replied with:

Chelsea Youth ‏@chelseayouth · 42s

@p_mards He's got very sound fundamentals, decent with the ball at his feet, needs to become more imposing and physically dominant.

Sounds like another Mejias :D