oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

I would expect the Ken & Gibbo bromance to continue after the international break.

2 kids playing together in very important positions. we needed to sign a experience in that position urgently imo. maybe get one in on loan from a prem reserves. any suggestions anyone?

whata that diakite like sunderland just released on a free?

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe having Blackman is a favour to Chelsea? Get him involved in the competitive set up, even if he probably won't start. Sort of pay back for all the beautiful deals they've offered in our favour.

Probably complete nonsense. In fact, almost certainly a rubbish theory. But I'll throw it out there, as it does seem like an odd deal from our point of view.

Id agree. We will get him involved in the match days. Something that chelsea cant offer, id say we may even give him the odd league cup game. But there arent many of those left :dodgy:

It would have been nice to identify the under the radar player so hopefully names will come to light (with a view of the January window)

AV mentioned depending on squad performance we might pursue the under the radar player as soon as the emergency window opens. "@andyrubble666 may be revived but if do next week can only be 93 days. If left to Jan can get rest of season. Suppose it depends on results"

Separately, in his blog he said "But right-back is now covered with Fredericks in to compete with Abella for that slot – but Boro suddenly seem thin in central defence. With Gibson out and Woodgate making only a brief cameo so far (an having what is most generously described as patchy fitness) there was only Omeruo and Ayala with Hines as cover. And after a poor start to the season at the back (and with Ayala dropping a clanger or two) what had seemed a strong department now looks less than convincing. So that area may need beefing up if Hines leaves."

I am not sure if he was told or he is just guessing on this one, but he seems to believe an additional player is required for central defence, putting 2 and 2 together, I would say the mystery player is a central defender but will only be signed possibly depending on injuries and defensive performance.

I'd hope it's an experienced CB. However gorgeous George can play CB can't he if needed?

Just to highlight the new thread title as with previous transfer windows this one will cease to be at 9pm tonight to allow further comments and thoughts on this superb transfer window for those who wish to do so.

With the impending "Loan Window" quickly approaching might I suggest someone takes on the mantle of a new related thread and a quality opening post! at some point soon.

Though no records were broken this window in terms of volume of posts and numbers of posters and guests viewing the forum I think there re 2 reason.

As NB4 mentioned this window has been a much user friendlier place so thanks for that and far less off tangent posts and dare I say very little moderation what so ever.

Had Boro kept the Vossen signing till late evening I am pretty sure we would have had loads more waiting with bated breath wondering if he had signed but we thanks to social media outlets were pretty much well advised throughout.

For me this has been the best transfer window since I d0n't know when and lets hope that we now have a squad to do the right stuff for all concerned.

UTB

Just to highlight the new thread title as with previous transfer windows this one will cease to be at 9pm tonight to allow further comments and thoughts on this superb transfer window for those who wish to do so.

With the impending "Loan Window" quickly approaching might I suggest someone takes on the mantle of a new related thread and a quality opening post! at some point soon.

Though no records were broken this window in terms of volume of posts and numbers of posters and guests viewing the forum I think there re 2 reason.

As NB4 mentioned this window has been a much user friendlier place so thanks for that and far less off tangent posts and dare I say very little moderation what so ever.

Had Boro kept the Vossen signing till late evening I am pretty sure we would have had loads more waiting with bated breath wondering if he had signed but we thanks to social media outlets were pretty much well advised throughout.

For me this has been the best transfer window since I d0n't know when and lets hope that we now have a squad to do the right stuff for all concerned.

UTB

hiya DS, i have set up the thread with a few points and questions to get the ball rolling

UTB

Colin Murray on Talksport talking best signings of the transfer deadline day. Colin's 2nd best signing....step forward Jelle Vossen. He seems to think the dealings we have done will push us into the play-offs. First piece of recognition I've heard all summer. #makingwaves

My take on the window is that every single player AK has brought in has either promise , or proven quality and it is without a doubt our best window for many a long year

I don't think we can really say that any of the players who have left since the end of last season will be missed , and more importantly were part of any of our ideal "promotion winning" fantasy teams.

The only question is probably on the goalkeeping front but that is now done and we really have to support AK if he thinks Meijas is the best man for the job. People have had their say but that should be the end of it now. Again my take having only seen him play in the flesh against Brum was that he looked very good and distributed the ball well. Defences thrive on consistency and getting to know each other so the blip that was Sheff Wed will I am think improve as they do (goal against Reading not his fault)

It might take another half a dozen games in fact for all these new players to gel into a team , but if we can be there or thereabouts the top half at the end of October then I can see a real push for the play-offs , and who knows maybe , just maybe.... promotion

Colin Murray on Talksport talking best signings of the transfer deadline day. Colin's 2nd best signing....step forward Jelle Vossen. He seems to think the dealings we have done will push us into the play-offs. First piece of recognition I've heard all summer. #makingwaves

I'm listening to TalkSport too and it was refreshing to get an honest/unbiased view on our transfer deadline day. Colin Murray was spot on :D

Have TalkSport on but missed that. Gutted. What did Murray say?

He said he likes the Vossen signing and mentioned his goal scoring record 1 in two games average in the Belgium league witch he thinks is the equivalent of the Championship so he should bang in the goals for us.

He also mentioned our new winger Wildschut who has came through the Ajax academy and could prove to be a good signing and just mentioned Blackman signing from Chelsea.

He thought we were a decent team before we signed those players but he thinks with the signing of Vossen especially we will push on and finish in the playoffs but might just fall short off the top two.

Oh and there was another guy (I think it was Des Kelly but not sure) praising SG for the way he funds our club and would like him to get us promoted because he deserves to have the club in the Premier League.

We have a squad good enough for a top 2 spots never mind just pushing in to the play offs