oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

Indeed DS so lets focus on the positives and look forward.

Personally this has been the best transfer window since we have been relegated, this squad is definitely strong enough to be pushing for promotion and i believe we will do it.

Also i'd like to say Steve Gibson is absolutely phenomenal. I hope those who can, get themsleves to the Riverside and help push the team forward, I will be as soon as i can .

Goodnight Vienna.

UTFB.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Odds are this'll be my last post in this thread, so I best make it a good one...

Overall I'm delighted with our business this summer, getting our man, signing varied and young(ish) talent. Resigning Omeruo, bringing in cover defensively (Husband, Fredericks, Damia). Also bringing Clayton improves the midfield and -in my opinion- makes it one of, if not the strongest, central midfields in the league. But where we've really excelled ourselves is bringing in a plethora of attacking talent, with a lot a variety in the styles of the players, for example Nsue is quick and technical, and Wildschut is tall pacey and a powerful runner. Signing Kike out of the blue was exciting, and shows that the club has a certain pull to players. As does the Vossen saga, with Kike and Vossen up front and Bamford on the bench, we really shouldn't be short of goals. The only downside in my opinion was the was Steele has been dealt with, as if he was one of the 'deadwood' that's been kicked out this summer.

Anyway, I think it's fitting Armster gets the final post in the thread he created.

UTB!

Wish I could facilitate that Luke but he has not been around for 10 days or so but when he is back and if he wishes I will reopen the thread so that he can have the final post.

So in the meantime.........that's all folks and see you next transfer window

As Armster is now back from his jollies the thread has been given a temporary lifeline so until he posts the concluding thread for anyone who wanted to make their own final comments on the activity over the window please feel free to do so.

Be quick though!

Transfer thread 2013. Final hour and may she rest in peace -Replies 22,373 - Views 1,944,642

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 ''Didn't we do well!t'' - Replies 13,715 - Views 1,381,391

not as busy as last year, why?

Transfer thread 2013. Final hour and may she rest in peace -Replies 22,373 - Views 1,944,642

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 ''Didn't we do well!t'' - Replies 13,715 - Views 1,381,391

No VB, less rumours, and more out of the blue signings

No VB, less rumours, and more out of the blue signings

This is a football forum, stop using logic! :heart:

if this was FMTTM there would be a dozen doom and gloom threads by now :huh:

Probably a combination of things Maz. We didn't have much to talk about late on Deadline Day for one. The club kept their cards close to their chest in regards to transfers this year too. There was no speculation about Kike, Abella etc before they came as we didn't even know they were on the club's radar. The Vossen saga was discussed a lot less this year, as most fans had pretty much written it off until the Saturday before the window shut. All contributed to a less discussed thread.

But the views and replies don't make a transfer window, the business the club conducts is what the window will be judged on.

And it's been fantastic

And while I was writing all that, Luke summed it up in one sentence. Typical :P