• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be fair I've not been too impressed with what I've seen of Chalobah, looks pleasing on the eye as he struts about, now Omerou is a different kettle of fish, for a 19 yerold he is outstanding, given the choice I would prefer Amerou any day

We could have a difficult decision to make regarding Chalobah(assuming Omeruo returns next season). Yes he has done pretty well(nothing spectacular) but could a loan from Chelsea be used to more effect by potentially getting someone like Piazon or T.Hazard?.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/freedman-unsure-if-middlesbrough-will-sell-jutkiewicz/

Interesting bit at the bottom.

If Bolton were to strike up a deal with Middlesbrough, it may cost in the region of around £3 million, with Karanka presumably keen to get Jutkiewicz’ transfer fee as high as possible, which would then free up a deal to sign Danny Graham from Sunderland.

Probably just putting 2+2 together, but if we were offered 3m for the juke i'd snap their hands off and drive him there myself.

Looks like lazy journalism to me. Where he's plucked 3m from is a mystery, he'll probably go for less than half that.

As for "freeing up funds for a deal for graham" it appears he's just saw that we have him on loan and is assuming we're going for a permanent deal. Not realising that graham is in fact a great big cabbage.

What are peoples views on Burgess? I said a few months back (cant remember the thread - could even have been the Jan transfer one) that a CB partnership of Gibson and Burgess is an exciting prospect in my eyes. Do people see him pushing for a place in our first team next season? Earned lots of rave reviews with Hartlepool. Is it too soon? Does he need to go out again, say to League 1 to gain more experience? It took Gibson 2 or 3 loan spells to be where he is now.

For me obtaining Omerou is a must next year. But if we dont, I would like to see how Burgess fares up.

Earlier this season I'd have taken 200k for Juke after 2 goals in 21. If we got 3 million for him, we'd have just utterly and totally conned Bolton. I'd actually feel dirty if we sold him for that much...

As for Burgess, handy squad player but I have no doubt that Ayala, Gibson, Woody, Rhys (when fit) and (if he returns) Omeruo, will all be above him in the pecking order. I'd prefer having him around than Hines to act as a backup option, but I think it would aid his progression more to loan him out rather than let him stagnate in our reserves.

We could have a difficult decision to make regarding Chalobah(assuming Omeruo returns next season). Yes he has done pretty well(nothing spectacular) but could a loan from Chelsea be used to more effect by potentially getting someone like Piazon or T.Hazard?.

Unfortunately for us Hazard is tearing up the Belgian league and now wants to play premiership football next season. He scored this goal last week.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/04/26/video-chelsea-loan-starlet-thorgan-hazard-scores-35-yard-screame/