oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

Just a quick word on the Butterfield house situation. He may have just bought a house in Leeds, but he already lives there. I live in Leeds and have seen him shopping in my local Asda a couple of times. So I think he commutes anyway (makes sense if his folks/mates are in Barnsley), so I wouldn't assume a transfer is on the cards on that basis.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'Boro are still on the lookout for another forward, a right-back and a central midfielder.'

Does anyone else find it weird that they never mention a CB when everyone knows they want Omerou ? Maybe we're looking to buy the Striker, Central midfielder and the right back plus any loans from Chelsea ?

I don't think we're actively looking for a CB, but if Omeruo becomes available, we'd snap Chelsea's hand off - we'd be daft not too!

After Omeruo & Gibson forged a formidable partnership last term - Omeruo even saying how he learnt a lot from Gibson - they'd be arguably one of the best CB partnerships in the division.

Gibson, Ayala, Woody, Williams, Hines, Burgess - plus Friend who can also do a job there - we don't really need another CB. But you don't turn down quality players on loan ;)

Yes but everyone knows we want him lol and we it's just occurred to me that we have actually bidded for the Striker (Vossen), the Central Midfielder (Clayton), and the right back (Juanfran). I was also expecting 2/3 Chelsea players on loan. So next season are squad will have 6 or 7 new starters in our 11 :)

Yes but everyone knows we want him lol and we it's just occurred to me that we have actually bidded for the Striker (Vossen), the Central Midfielder (Clayton), and the right back (Juanfran). I was also expecting 2/3 Chelsea players on loan. So next season are squad will have 6 or 7 new starters in our 11 :)

True, though if there's one thing we learnt about Karanka last season, it's that he's not afraid to drop players for the good of the team / system. He's not afraid to make big decisions, and I doubt we'll see any player - except maybe a GK - play in every one if the 46 league games next season - even if they do stay fit throughout. The beauty of having Omeruo would mean that it also frees up Gibson to cover at LB if p, God forbid, something happens to George...!

If we sign all these players, our squad will have the best strength in depth it's had for many years - I'd even argue it would be stronger on paper than the Southgate side in that relegation season!

I'd even argue it would be stronger on paper than the Southgate side in that relegation season!

Totally Agree !

Bring on Villareal and Hartlepool !!

I know it's off twitter but... Sheffield Wednesday, Middlesbrough & a number of other Championship sides are keeping tabs on Rotherham midfielder Lee Frecklington.

Also Clayton has went to Portugal this morning !

I'd even argue it would be stronger on paper than the Southgate side in that relegation season!

Totally Agree !

I know it's off twitter but... Sheffield Wednesday, Middlesbrough & a number of other Championship sides are keeping tabs on Rotherham midfielder Lee Frecklington.

Better than the relegation squad? They may have got relegated but man for man they were much better.... Wheater, huth, pogetetz, Tuncay, downing, alves, Johnson, aliadiare arca, O'Neil, digard, Taylor... Most of those would walk into our team now.

Totally Agree !

Better than the relegation squad? They may have got relegated but man for man they were much better.... Wheater, huth, pogetetz, Tuncay, downing, alves, Johnson, aliadiare arca, O'Neil, digard, Taylor... Most of those would walk into our team now.

I'm sorry but IMO Johnson and Downing and Huth would walk into our team but None of the others would

Totally Agree !

Tuncay, Wheater, Arca, Taylor and O'Neil wouldn't walk into our team NOW :D

If jukes fee is going to cover the purchase of Clayton, we must have had some money in the transfer budget to buy Kike and bid for vossen and juanfran. It certainly suggests that karanka has more money to spend.

Totally Agree !

Tuncay, Wheater, Arca, Taylor and O'Neil wouldn't walk into our team NOW :D

They could probably 'Hobble' into our team.

If jukes fee is going to cover the purchase of Clayton, we must have had some money in the transfer budget to buy Kike and bid for vossen and juanfran. It certainly suggests that karanka has more money to spend.

I told you yesterday I think we had around 9M to spend

£2.7m on Kike

£1.5m on Clayton

£4m on Vossen

And just under £1m on a Rightback

Totally Agree !

Huth, Poggy, Downing, Johnson - Yes.

Aliadiere!? God no! :p

But I did say 'squad.' Not players. The Southgate 'squad' was abysmal; no togetherness, no fight.