oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

What are the implications if we over spend on our FFP? And promotion doesn't come off ?.. Points deduction ? Fines ? Transfer bans? Or anything like that

In my opinion, we're treading a fine line here if we do plan to over spend the FFP. I would think MFC would be the perfect, unfashionable club to punish severely. Hopefully we've got plans and know what we're doing.

This....we are not frivolous. The fa makes rules up because of us!!

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think butterfield is a good player and has not had a fair chance yet,so to me i cant see the point in splashing out on this clayton,if he plays in the same position

I think we might be looking at Clayton because we need a high energy, box to box player who is capable of putting in a tackle and dominating midfield. When we come up against the bully boy midfields we only have Whitehead who has any strength in the tackle. Both Leadbitter and Butterfield can't tackle for toffee. Karanka knows that the Championship is ugly and you need proper battlers.

I have maintained for a while that this is going to be a season that will either make or break our association with SG in sole charge of the club and that moving Boro forward in terms of the known links and association with our club then promotion has to be achieved.

I honestly feel we are going to see incomings that will make us all very very excited about the season to come and one that others away from our club will watch with interest.

I am now pretty convinced that we WILL see Vossen, Clayton to name 2 arrive at The Riverside

Know something we don't?;) or is it just a feeling you have?

What are the implications if we over spend on our FFP? And promotion doesn't come off ?.. Points deduction ? Fines ? Transfer bans? Or anything like that

In my opinion, we're treading a fine line here if we do plan to over spend the FFP. I would think MFC would be the perfect, unfashionable club to punish severely. Hopefully we've got plans and know what we're doing.

Completely agree.

I'm both excited and incredibly worried at the prospect. And let's not forget the stick we as fans are willing to give other teams who violate the FFP rules. Now that it could potentially be us does that suddenly make it acceptable?

Personally I'd prefer to see us fill those key positions in the coming weeks with affordable players, sell one or two less then crucial squad members and forget about the likes of Vossen. We're not far off being a very competitive team in this league as it is.

Personally i look forwards to the rumours and on the whole take them initially with a pinch of salt ..but nevertheless i like to read them and in a way analyse the creedence ... regarding FreeHat (BTW im intrigued by that name ...sure it is subtle to actual identity lol) the snippets provided tbh have been quite good ...keep em coming mate .

over the last 3 years ive been involved ive learned to respect some members rumours more than others and currently i do respect FH,s .

99% certain Butterfield will NOT be a Middlesbrough player after the transfer window... Supposedly he has told Middlesbrough that he is not happy and there has been a few heated discussions involving Butterfield and now Middlesbrough want rid !

IMO if he doesn't want to stay here .. Ditch him !

tumblr_l14rz7TWdr1qaekkso1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAI6WLSGT7Y3ET7ADQ&Expires=1405338279&Signature=iydxkB11qTJMn7%2F2vGhXghMwVsI%3D#_=_

LOVE IT ! :D

Dammit.....INTRIGUE OVER ...lol

dont watch South Park (if thats what its from

slightly dissapointed it wasnt more sophisticated :blush::blush:

If I remember rightly, the South Park kids create a club for something in which they are offering a free hat. The locals get involved thinking it's a club protesting for the freedom of Hat McCullough, a convicted baby killer. Just to clarify :D

Just to clarify I am NOT a convicted baby killer ! (Never, Ever thought I would have to say that.)

And the kids in south park made a group to stop George Lucas ruining films.

I have maintained for a while that this is going to be a season that will either make or break our association with SG in sole charge of the club and that moving Boro forward in terms of the known links and association with our club then promotion has to be achieved.

Astounding! Steve Gibson has absolute nothing to prove to anyone. He's proved his commitment to this club time and time again. His legacy his absolutely secured. You can't even begin to fathom how much money he's wrote off in building this club. Not too mention his own time. The guy does close the 18 hours a day between bulk haul and MFC. We wouldn't exist if it wasn't for him.

I think the rules regarding the FFP probably allow for a few calculated risks with the club finances.

It's interesting that, aside from the transfer ban, there is a fine for Championship clubs that overspend in order to reach the Premiership. I don't really know how that translates in terms of balancing the books. If we over-spend initially, will we be okay if the crowd numbers rise and finances are clawed back that way? (Although I say this without knowing what sort of profit comes from our gates.)

Gibson is a shrewd man and One Of Us. To avoid the FFP, he can input his own investment cash to make up the deficit and avoid any fines. If he does this from Bulkhaul, is it possible an investment comes with a tax loophole? So it's maybe not as much of a risk as it the transfer figures being banded about could suggest.

One thing is for sure: Gibbo certainly the track record as a successful businessman and I, for one, am more than happy to have a chairman who has the courage of his convictions, believes in the set-up he has and has faith in the club's supporters to get behind the team. Rather a calculated risk taker than someone who is only out to balance the books and settle for mid-lower table bobbing.

I mean, the last "safe option" we had ended up signing Kris Boyd and splashing out wages on barely remembered carthorses. Nobody wants that level of "safety", do we?

I have to say, all this is just me thinking out aloud. Finances are far from my strong point but the strict regulations of the FFP rules, coupled with Steve Gibson's own way of doing things do intrigue me. (80% excited; 20% a little bit wary of what happens if it doesn't come off...)

I don't even know why I started writing about finances and business. This was intended to be about Craig Hignett's beard... ;-)