oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

On the subject of possibly taking DG on loan, what would be the pros and cons. From what I can gather, we could buy him for £1m, and with a good season his stock would go up giving us a resale value. The question is, how much would the loan amount be, and what would the difference in wages be if he was on loan rather than bought?

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I realised I totally forgot about the forum until the Kike signing was mentioned over media.

Instant ban right there :P:D

I honestly think the whole Ross McCormack situation last time made me want to give up on the Internet all together! :D

That crossley / Schwarzer saga stills annoys me to this very day !

Doesnt annoy me in the slightest. Schwarzer was a miles better goalkeeper and i'd have had him back as soon as he was fit as well - even with Crossley's good form.

Very much like last season with Steel and Dimi just Karanka didn't relent when Steele returned to fitness.

I realised I totally forgot about the forum until the Kike signing was mentioned over media.

Instant ban right there :P:D

I honestly think the whole Ross McCormack situation last time made me want to give up on the Internet all together! :D

HA HA HA your not wrong there like :)

That crossley / Schwarzer saga stills annoys me to this very day !

Doesnt annoy me in the slightest. Schwarzer was a miles better goalkeeper and i'd have had him back as soon as he was fit as well - even with Crossley's good form.

Very much like last season with Steel and Dimi just Karanka didn't relent when Steele returned to fitness.

Aye, I remember being more than a tad annoyed when Crossley had been our best playing during that Schwarzer absence... Huge kudos to Karanka for sticking by his guns and keeping the in-form keeper.

This is possibly the first time since then we've had a genuine choice of first-team worth goalkeepers. Certainly the first in my life time we've had a choice of three!

Just seen on the Everything MFC Facebook page this quote from Vossen regarding his (for now) current club.

"Genk gives the impression that it's all about money to them. I had hoped for more respect after all I've done for the club, but apparently I'm just a number, and that's not a nice feeling."

I just hope he doesn't get Malaria if he joins us!

To be fair though Ayresome, vossen has been an integral player for them and their captain as opposed to a squad player who looked half decent for a couple of months.

He's not quite slagged the club off for providing him with inadequate support when he's halfway across the world pigging out on chipotle and going shopping :D

Maybe we do a swap deal with Kamara? Vossen can come to us and see what it's like to be appreciated and supported, KK can go to Genk and realise just how lusciously green the grass at Rockcliffe actually is.

It is a shame that Kai did that because he seemed to be the uplifting influence in the dressing room that was needed post-Strachan. Ah well. Onwards and upwards...

I think they'd demand that we pay them to take Kei :D

He started very positively both on and off the pitch, but seemed to have thrown a hissy fit long before the malaria thing flared up as he removed any mention of boro from his twitter page, stopped posting anything vaguely related to boro and even went as far as to describe himself as an 'ex-sporting kansas player' several months ago. I think the malaria thing just made him think he had a platform to finally vent his frustrations, when in fact it just resembled a similarly laughable situation regarding Yaya Toure and his lack of birthday wishes.

Nicklas Bendtner has rejectd Frankfurts contract offer. They har thought to have offered around 12k pr. week.

We'd probably be able to offer more like if he's on our radar

Wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. Lad can barely finish his dinner.

I'll have 3 bags of what your smoking mate!!! Lol

Wow, I wasn't aware of the whole Kei thing. Didnt want him to go before that, I do now. Shame, it did OK before short spell. What kicked it off?

Nothing really. He just blamed Boro for not doing anything about his malaria even though he was thousands of miles away in a Kansas City hospital

He got Malaria and posted on twitter (whilst he was on holiday in the US) sarcastically thanking 'Boro and Sierra Leone for doing nothing and stated he was glad to be in the USA where people cared about him.

Let it be pointed out that he was on paid holiday in the USA at the time and that his malaria wasn't severe enough to prevent him going out shopping or doing things every day with his fiance.

Bob Mortimer tweeted him back asking if he wanted Karanka to fly out and give him a cuddle :D

In all seriousness it was just a petulant way of him saying he wanted to go back to Kansas and instead it just ended up with him getting blasted by 'Boro fans sarcastically asking on every tweet if 'Boro had done enough to support him, resulted in some hilarious tweets actually.

Haha brilliant. Dont know what he was expecting to be honest...maybe promotion flowers? He didn't help much there. :D You can tell he's eager to get back to the US though...wouldn't mind swapping him for one of the right backs who played for the USA in the World Cup. :D Too much to ask?