Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

has something happened with vossen?? alot of people seem to be mentioning him

Just speculation at this point. :(

You're probably right Eston but I just get the feeling this big money gamble being reported ie Vossen and Clayton as well as Kike may have happened last summer if he was confident in Mowbray or where the team was heading.

I do feel we will be losing one big player and that its most likely to be Steele or Adomah. Given Williams and Carayol are injured and Friend and Leadbitter probably requiring a replacement to come in for them.

The obvious one is Steele, everything is profit, but would like to see a few others go first. Interesting that he was third choice on Saturday

Great deal if the Juke fee is accurate. Good luck to him at Burnley. Looking forward to getting Clayton in (hopefully!) which, regardless if players leave, will spark up competition for places and appetite for success.

Any ideas on who we might be looking at for RB?

I think Gibson was prepared to spend last summer, linked with vossen, Vargas, pizi, olivera. Then gave the impression that Mowbray wasn't to keen on any of them and wanted British players. Then we offered decent money for McCormack, so basically you could say we spent the 'McCormack money' on Kike as it seems to be a similar amount. If we were to add vossen, Clayton and omeruo then it will be our best summer for transfers probably since the viduka and JFH summer. The only other thing I can see is we would need at least 3 full backs IMO, 2 Rightbacks and a left back, unless there is a youth player who is promising at left back since it would only be cover for friend.

Also there will probably be a late surprise as there always seems to be, for example deadline day last season when suddenly Williams was leaving and we were trying to bring in vossen and Dawson. Maybe an offer will come in for Adomah and we will be linked to some crazy ambitious signing as a replacement.

Have to say that I really want our dealings done soon, in particular vossen, omeruo and a rb (if we are to get them). Saying that, I'll be gutted if ssn aren't reporting on a signing from the riverside late on deadline day!!