oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

As I said on twitter during that same conversation, Humpty, no one else gives a flying naughty word about financial fair play - why should we.

It's a risk we have to take to get out of the division. A few good signings, a sign of ambition and hopefully a good start and we could have 3,000-5,000 extra on the gate each week. If we could get 18,000 to 20,000k consistently then the extra attendance would rake us in an additional £1m to £2.5m a year. Every 1,000 fans through the gate is an extra half a million a season.

Everyone else is splashing the cash and completely disregarding FFP. We have been prudent for 3 years.

We've got some cash to spend, we've got some money coming in through sales and with a good start we could find ourselves with money to spend in January to build on it.

Has anyone actually been fined yet ......i mean fined and actually paid something not had it delayed suspended or forgotten about

PSG were and as punishment were forced to sign David Luiz for 50million. So i've heard.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Off topic here, but damn it is funny reading PP baiting Forest fans on Twitter...

:D

RE the FFP fines - I said to Humpty on twitter the other day that my only concern is they're bound to make an example of us for a million or two where QPR / Man City etc will get away with tens of millions.

Middlesbrough hope the signature of Jonathan Castro Otto will this week be forthcoming after expressing desire to integrate the player into the English second league.

Tomorrow Middlesbrough executive and coach arrange to meet with the player of Celta Vigo to finalise propositions after transfer was agreed with all parties.

Castro is a player with many admirers and is known to Mr Karanka. Castro represents Spain at 20 years level. If possible transfer is finalised the amount will total €600.000 over the contract due to clauses.

Middlesbrough also make further enquiry to Feyenoord following previous negotiations in 2013 to the availability of prospect Alexander Immers on short term contract to July 2015 before finalising a contract for €1.300.000.

The opportunity to play in English leagues is attractive to Alexander although the short term contract may not be realised. A full time contract can be agreed if all party's accept €2.000.000 with additional clauses.

Any information I can assist.

Middlesbrough hope the signature of Jonathan Castro Otto will this week be forthcoming after expressing desire to integrate the player into the English second league.

Tomorrow Middlesbrough executive and coach arrange to meet with the player of Celta Vigo to finalise propositions after transfer was agreed with all parties.

Castro is a player with many admirers and is known to Mr Karanka. Castro represents Spain at 20 years level. If possible transfer is finalised the amount will total €600.000 over the contract due to clauses.

Middlesbrough also make further enquiry to Feyenoord following previous negotiations in 2013 to the availability of prospect Alexander Immers on short term contract to July 2015 before finalising a contract for €1.300.000.

The opportunity to play in English leagues is attractive to Alexander although the short term contract may not be realised. A full time contract can be agreed if all party's accept €2.000.000 with additional clauses.

Any information I can assist.

Probably wise to say the source of this information is from FMTTM forum from a guy who has already been fingered, pardon my French, as having correctly confirmed the Mikael Taraves loan deal some seasons ago, but hasn't been exactly spot on with recent predictions.

Not sure why the "I am a Nigerian General looking for Investment" language is needed, but you get the idea...

So that £475k for Castro Otto, and between £1m and £1.6m for Immers.

Not seen Otto play, but I watch the Eredivise quite regularly and have to say - I'm not a huge fan of Immers. I'm not sure I'd be happy to move Tomlin wide to accommodate him in the No. 10 role; think Tomlin is far better suited to this league.

I found a piece online earlier, and posted it, it was dated May, but as someone has said we're in for someone we've been linked with previously it may have an element of truth, especially if we're after 2 RBs

The two RBs thing is interesting because I would have thought getting Kenneth back would mean he was cover for RB as well as first choice CB.

Beat me to it, Dan!

RE: Immers. May 2014

Midfielder Lex Immers has signed a new contract with Feyenoord, the Eredivisie club have confirmed.

The 27-year-old, who moved to the Rotterdam-based side from ADO Den Haag in 2012, will now remain at De Kuip until at least the summer of 2017.

"I feel a lot of appreciation from the club, which is an important reason for me to stay at Feyenoord longer," Immers told the club's official website, feyenoord.nl.

"I'm really, really enjoying myself and I feel completely at my place at Feyenoord. For me that was one of the conditions to stay here longer.

"I'll go on holiday first but I'm already looking forward to the first practice and the qualifying rounds of the Champions League."

Doesn't mind does he.

KEI KAMARA ‏@keikamara 2m

Adebayor suffering from malaria...I know that feeling my African brother. But am sure u are in good hands. #AfricaSickness #BeStrong ???

The worlds most likeable and unlikeable man.