oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

From the money we r spending and bids we r meant to have in for others player it dosent look like we r a bad situation at all!!

Aye, but if you look at who we've signed / who we're targetting, they've all got the potential to have a large windfall for the club in the future. If Kike carries on his goalscoring form from the Segunda, then you only need to look at the proces Championship Strikers like Ulloa, Beckford and McCormack have demanded in recent years to see how much of a profit Kike could return. Same with Vossen - which is probably why we're reluctant to pay much more than £4m-£5m.

If a Premier League team come in for Friend, do you honestly believe the lad will suddenly sign a nerw three year-deal? I'm afraid I don't... He's a great player, a nice guy and is fond of the club - but the lure of the Premiership is just too great. It's unrealistic to think that he'd sign a new deal if a Prem team sure up their interest.

I agree with @jamesp - why are we still allowing key players to get down to their final year of their deals? I know the answer is probably so we don't have to pay them extra for that 12 months, but we could be shrewd and negotiate a deal with a wage % increase at the end of each season. Have we not learnt from the Schwarzer and Viduka sagas? We could have made a small fortune selling those players... Instead? Nowt.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Regarding RB... heres an alternative to all those previously mentioned

Jonathon Spector ....west ham havent allocated a squad number to him this season......not all that up on injuries etc but if he is not could be a cheap option with good schooling for this level ...

not such a great idaa ...having googled the player it semms hes been at Birmingham for two years and nothing to recommend interest from anyone involved in thier defense really tbh :D:D

From the money we r spending and bids we r meant to have in for others player it dosent look like we r a bad situation at all!!

I agree with @jamesp - why are we still allowing key players to get down to their final year of their deals? I know the answer is probably so we don't have to pay them extra for that 12 months, but we could be shrewd and negotiate a deal with a wage % increase at the end of each season. Have we not learnt from the Schwarzer and Viduka sagas? We could have made a small fortune selling those players... Instead? Nowt.

We had that arrangement with McDonald and look how that worked out! I believe we probably should have had all three signed up with renewed contracts by now. Seems strange to let three assets get to the final year of their contract.

We had that arrangement with McDonald and look how that worked out! I believe we probably should have had all three signed up with renewed contracts by now. Seems strange to let three assets get to the final year of their contract.

Ha! True, but it would be far less of a risk with an already established member of the squad such as Gorgeous George than Skippy. Certainly wouldn't put it in any new signings deals!

Reports suggesting that a deal for Adam Clayton is edging closer and that Jacob Butterfield will go the other way.

Greek media reporting that Olympiacos are negotiating with Racing Genk for Jelle Vossen :(

I don't understand why anyone would want to go to Greece. Don't a lot of their teams struggle financially?

Dimi doesnt give a good account of greek football, this is unbelievable;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2605963/Middlesbrough-keeper-Dimitrios-Konstantopoulos-reveals-players-collapse-training-Greece-afford-food.html

Where did u hear about clayton KM?

I don't understand why anyone would want to go to Greece. Don't a lot of their teams struggle financially?

Dimi doesnt give a good account of greek football, this is unbelievable;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2605963/Middlesbrough-keeper-Dimitrios-Konstantopoulos-reveals-players-collapse-training-Greece-afford-food.html

Where did u hear about clayton KM?

Just a few Huddersfield fans talking about it on Twittter, I think it's in one of The Sunday papers