oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

Varga did a steady job but you just felt that something was missing

I think being a natural midfielder and only a converted right back may have been the issue :D

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tactical ploy by Genk, this will soon end one way or another and to be honest due to the still secrecy relating to this mystical number 10 I am pretty sure we will know by end of week if Vossen is coming to the only place to be!

If we are to sign Vossen I think it will be this week. It sounds like hes desperate to leave Genk so as soon as another decent team comes in for him he will sign for them if Genk accept the bid. Hopefully We aren't trying to sign another player and that eventually falls through but at that point Vossen has left Genk.

interesting times....

I still don't think we'll sign Vossen, he's a useful smokescreen, I think we have our sights set elsewhere.

So far AK has signed 3 Spaniards, none of them had been previously linked with the club, in my opinion, It's great to see that AK is having a big say in who we sign, rather than us chasing previously scouted targets, that's why I'm unsure that AK's heart is in the Vossen deal.

Brilliant news if Big Ken is coming back, a great signing.

Does anyone else think that we'll loan a right back, for now?

interesting times....

I still don't think we'll sign Vossen, he's a useful smokescreen, I think we have our sights set elsewhere.

So far AK has signed 3 Spaniards, none of them had been previously linked with the club, in my opinion, It's great to see that AK is having a big say in who we sign, rather than us chasing previously scouted targets, that's why I'm unsure that AK's heart is in the Vossen deal.

Brilliant news if Big Ken is coming back, a great signing.

Does anyone else think that we'll loan a right back, for now?

Have I missed something - who's the third Spaniard? I've seen the keeper and Kike, is there another or are you referring to a coach?

So with Omeruo joining we now have how many centre backs?

Woodgate

Omeruo

Gibson

Ayala

Hines

Burgess

Rhys Williams

7! Thats A LOT! I expect Burgess to go out on loan then. Hines loan or a mutual agreement to terminate contract if he finds a club interested in him perhaps. Rhys to keep our physios company for extended periods of time. Woodgate there is the debate of whether he starts or not given his talent and injury record - I reckon no right answers with this one, but I reckon important he stays so he can hopefully help with the development of our young centre banks.

So I expect some outgoings in the CB position I suppose! Starting CBs? I would personally go with Omeruo and one of Ayala/Gibson/Woodgate depending on form.

Didn't Ayala join us on loan pre-Karanka? He may have had final say in signing him but that was probably due to what he was like in training, I wouldn't say he was one of AK's targets like Meijas and Kike were