• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So we should reject the chance to sign a Belgian international and one of their top leagues best players because we have a couple of half decent attackers?

Did I write those exact words...

That was certainly what was intimated.

Completely agree with the badger, there are more pressing positions to fill. If we have anything left over once we've sorted out those positions if be happy to go for Vossen. I don't know a lot about his ability nor do I think anyone here knows how capable he is of fitting in at this level. Spending £3m+ on Vossen IS a risk.

So we should reject the chance to sign a Belgian international and one of their top leagues best players because we have a couple of half decent attackers?

No it wasn't. He said there were more pressing matters to attend to and he's right.

Completely agree with the badger, there are more pressing positions to fill. If we have anything left over once we've sorted out those positions if be happy to go for Vossen. I don't know a lot about his ability nor do I think anyone here knows how capable he is of fitting in at this level. Spending £3m+ on Vossen IS a risk.

No it wasn't. He said there were more pressing matters to attend to and he's right.

No-one is suggesting we blow our entire budget on Vossen (or any one player) and not sign anyone else. If he had just said 'there are more pressing matters to attend to' I'd have agreed with him completely. However, he did intimate that signing Vossen was unnecessary due to is having Tomlin. Hence the responses of Linojo and myself.

The issue with selling Friend is, we are then left with no fullbacks at all, which would be quite a major issue.

Patrick van Aanholt? if he'll come on loan!

He's off to Sunderland permanently from what I hear.

No-one is suggesting we blow our entire budget on Vossen (or any one player) and not sign anyone else. If he had just said 'there are more pressing matters to attend to' I'd have agreed with him completely. However, he did intimate that signing Vossen was unnecessary due to is having Tomlin. Hence the responses of Linojo and myself.

He's a luxury signing, I think other positions are just more needy.

with the amount of issues and time its taking getting a suitable RB in place ..do we really want to go through the whole rigmarole again with the other side ..i doubt it therefore i dont see George going .

If the rumours of loan interest in Jack Robinson from Liverpool are true, could it be possible we're considering playing George in a more advanced position down the left to cover Carayol's absence...? Doubt we'd get Robinson on loan if he wasn't going to play regularly....

AK has said Fewster will remain in the first team set up until we get more strikers. Also, Jamie Clapham has left the club.

Jamie Clapham has been sacked apparently if rumours are to be believed.