• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think any player we sign at this time in the club's history is a risk, in all honesty. Maybe we don't personally know about them too much but, as has been mentioned on here before, Gibbo will have dossiers the width of Hattie Jacques before he allows us to snap someone up. (Topical celebrity reference there...)

Also, AK clearly isn't a ducker & diver/Strachan. He has a way of doing things and he'll no doubt take into account personality, training commitment and match ability before signing anyone. Vossen IS a risk if based purely on YouTube videos and Wikipedia. Boyd, McManus and Thompson weren't risks.

I quite like that he's not just going for the names that are known to most of us. How in-depth must his research, scouting and targetting be if he isn't just bringing in people from Youtube/less than a full tank of petrol away. Mogga didn't have the luxury of the budget AK does; Strachan was purely lazy with it.

I'd take a researched risk over a familiar "certainty" any day of any week. (Preferably a day and week not too far away though. This waiting is making me fidgety.)

Maybe Karanka wants to play 3 at the back and therefore wouldn't need a RB or a LB as a priority?

Omeruo, Woodgate, Ayala, Gibson, Williams can all play CB

My ideal team would be a 3-1-4-2

Omeruo, Gibson and Ayala

Leadbitter

Adomah, Clayton, Butterfield, Tomlin

Vossen, Kike

Defensively that team would get annilhalted. If we played wing backs it could look at bit more like....

Omeruo Ayala Gibson

Albert leadbitter whitehead friend

Butters

Kike tomlin

From AV's blog...

**AV writes: Talks are going on. We keep getting told “its really close,” and it that has been going on for a week now and you can understand people getting twitchy, but then, it was the same with Kike and people were starting to slag me off for making it up, saying we knew nothing and there was no imaginary foreign striker on the verge of signing.

These things really do take time. Every clause needs to be translated and checked with lawyers back home. There is haggling over price, structure, payment methods, currency, rate of exchange, schools for kids, flights home for the wife, all kinds of things. Then the player has to go back to his club and unravel the contract there, wrangle over any bonuses due, maybe a buyout clause. Nothing is simple these days. The days of a 10 minute chat with the boss and a handshake are long gone.

Maybe Karanka wants to play 3 at the back and therefore wouldn't need a RB or a LB as a priority?

Omeruo, Woodgate, Ayala, Gibson, Williams can all play CB

My ideal team would be a 3-1-4-2

Omeruo, Gibson and Ayala

Leadbitter

Adomah, Clayton, Butterfield, Tomlin

Vossen, Kike

Defensively that team would get annilhalted. If we played wing backs it could look at bit more like....

Omeruo Ayala Gibson

Albert leadbitter whitehead friend

Butters

Kike tomlin

STOP IT :@

From AV's blog...

**AV writes: Talks are going on. We keep getting told “its really close,” and it that has been going on for a week now and you can understand people getting twitchy, but then, it was the same with Kike and people were starting to slag me off for making it up, saying we knew nothing and there was no imaginary foreign striker on the verge of signing.

These things really do take time. Every clause needs to be translated and checked with lawyers back home. There is haggling over price, structure, payment methods, currency, rate of exchange, schools for kids, flights home for the wife, all kinds of things. Then the player has to go back to his club and unravel the contract there, wrangle over any bonuses due, maybe a buyout clause. Nothing is simple these days. The days of a 10 minute chat with the boss and a handshake are long gone.

I can understand things aren't quite as simple as in Football Manager :D But it makes you wonder about these rushed deadline day deals that come out of the blue...

From AV's blog...

From this, it's pretty clear we're looking at a foreign player...

I can understand things aren't quite as simple as in Football Manager :D But it makes you wonder about these rushed deadline day deals that come out of the blue...

That's called "panicking and throwing money at a problem to make it go away" :P

From AV's blog...

From this, it's pretty clear we're looking at a foreign player...

That's called "panicking and throwing money at a problem to make it go away" :P

you've just quoted the whole QPR (Harry Redknapp) buisness plan there :D