oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

I'm expecting Bamford to be announced after August 1st

You were expecting news yesterday, then you expected news today and now you expect news after August 1st... :P

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From AV's blog...

**AV writes: Talks are going on. We keep getting told “its really close,” and it that has been going on for a week now and you can understand people getting twitchy, but then, it was the same with Kike and people were starting to slag me off for making it up, saying we knew nothing and there was no imaginary foreign striker on the verge of signing.

These things really do take time. Every clause needs to be translated and checked with lawyers back home. There is haggling over price, structure, payment methods, currency, rate of exchange, schools for kids, flights home for the wife, all kinds of things. Then the player has to go back to his club and unravel the contract there, wrangle over any bonuses due, maybe a buyout clause. Nothing is simple these days. The days of a 10 minute chat with the boss and a handshake are long gone.

From this, it's pretty clear we're looking at a foreign player...

I can understand things aren't quite as simple as in Football Manager :D But it makes you wonder about these rushed deadline day deals that come out of the blue...

That's called "panicking and throwing money at a problem to make it go away" :P

Ala 12 million for Christoper Samba in January before they got relegated in May...

From AV's blog...

**AV writes: Talks are going on. We keep getting told “its really close,” and it that has been going on for a week now and you can understand people getting twitchy, but then, it was the same with Kike and people were starting to slag me off for making it up, saying we knew nothing and there was no imaginary foreign striker on the verge of signing.

These things really do take time. Every clause needs to be translated and checked with lawyers back home. There is haggling over price, structure, payment methods, currency, rate of exchange, schools for kids, flights home for the wife, all kinds of things. Then the player has to go back to his club and unravel the contract there, wrangle over any bonuses due, maybe a buyout clause. Nothing is simple these days. The days of a 10 minute chat with the boss and a handshake are long gone.

From this, it's pretty clear we're looking at a foreign player...

I can understand things aren't quite as simple as in Football Manager :D But it makes you wonder about these rushed deadline day deals that come out of the blue...

That's called "panicking and throwing money at a problem to make it go away" :P

Ala 12 million for Christoper Samba in January before they got relegated in May...

And then sold him for 12m back.

@Scottwilsonecho: Also wondering how long #Boro can afford to keep so many of their irons in the Jelle Vossen fire. Championship kick-off getting close now.

So what kind of forward is kike? Do we expect him to take over penalty duty?

I like a season long bet on boro. Top scorer material?

A lot of his goals last season seemed to be from the penalty spot, so I'd assume he will be up there. He seems to be similar to DG in style which is why we probably won't see both of them here

@Scottwilsonecho: Also wondering how long #Boro can afford to keep so many of their irons in the Jelle Vossen fire. Championship kick-off getting close now.

Scott Wilson talks untold amounts of ***. Wouldn't even waste your time with him

I'm expecting Bamford to be announced after August 1st

You were expecting news yesterday, then you expected news today and now you expect news after August 1st... :P

I expect some news, at some point, about... someone. Hopefully :P

I think we need to get the record straight tomlin is not a lm, he and only he should play number 10. 3 interchanging am's is exciting on paper but the reality is width beats teams and i'm fairly certain vossen is not a number 10 correct me if i'm wrong but i'm sure he has the number 9 shirt for genk and plays furthest up the pitch