• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First Friend, now Husband. Are we treating our left back spot as some kind of relationship status update?

:-) +1

Is the 500K fee in fact more than what we paid Donny for Friend? He was about 250-300K if I remember correctly and look how that turned out!

If the fee is anything to go by it would suggest that Husband has the potential to be even better than Friend.

Very good signing. A friend of mine who supports Donny is going nuts. Expected him to go to the prem for around 1.25mill. I'm gathering the rb isn't quite at dotting the i's stage as I would have guessed AK would have preferred a double announcement if possible ??

Very good signing. A friend of mine who supports Donny is going nuts. Expected him to go to the prem for around 1.25mill. I'm gathering the rb isn't quite at dotting the i's stage as I would have guessed AK would have preferred a double announcement if possible ??

The club haven't announced it yet so they could be waiting to complete right back signing before announcing both

On the Doncaster forum they seem to think that there'll be one or more boro players going the other way with the deal...

Andy Halliday and Curtis Main hopefully

Steve Crossman ‏@Steve_Crossman 4m

Understand that Husband to @boro deal may well include multiple players...assume in the other direction to the Keepmoat.

Brilliant news if true as at the moment we rely on George playing every game in the season. We saw what happened in the few games he missed last season where Gibson deputised and didn't look anywhere near as good, especially going forward, also weakening the CB spot in the process.

With Husband also able to cover further forward or at RB if required, bringing in a 1st choice RB will leave us looking incredibly strong at the back, with plenty of strength in depth especially if Rhys fully recovers (hoping he gets his hip injury sorted whilst he's out too).

I'd like to see another out and out Striker brought in as cover/competition to Kike, with Fewster/Main/L Williams used as back up to those. I feel that would be good enough to see us through the season, especially if AK sticks to playing 1 up front.

I'd also like another CM brought in to replace Whitehead. As much as he runs around a lot, he's not very cultured and these days you need a DM that can contribute to both defensive and attacking play. Unfortunately, Whitehead isn't great on the ball and quite often slows down our attacks. I preferred watching us when we had Chalobah alongside Leadbitter last season, so someone of the same dynamic ilk as him would be most welcome.

Of course, we have Ledesma that is an able replacement for any of the AMC/AML/AMR positions, but I feel if we were able to bring in Vossen, he could be classed as the backup to Kike (or partner Kike superbly if 2 played upfront), at the same time, he would be a definite starting Attacking Midfielder alongside Adomah and Tomlin when not required to play out and out Striker (Which I fully believe he can do). His arrival would give us a great deal of versatility and quality in the final third, matching that of the defence if husband is confirmed.

So, in my opinion, only 3 players away from not only the best starting 11 we've had for years, but also the best possible first team squad with strength in depth we've seen in years.